Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by adamj023
From these forums it seems that a lot of people with name recognition fly on Delta.

A lot of politicians, actors, and more. Seems to be routine with the major carriers.

In the past a lot of people would have been found on private jets however that number seems to have been diminished as of late.
most of the celebs still fly/own private jets but atimes last minute travel options may be limited to commercial airlines.

i guess DL must have a good handle of celebs which attracts their biz. Based on what i have seen at JFK/LAX, DL employees usher the Celebs/VIPs thru security, to the skyclub & on to the plane. In return, celebs give DL free publicity thru social media and sometimes free in-flight entertainment . e.g Kanye West's rants/freestyle on MSP-JFK flt, Rapper B.o.B performed his chart topping "Airplane" song on ATL-LAX, countless celebs that reveal their excitement/flight info to twitter/FB fans when flying DL, etc

I would assume AA transports more celebs than any US airline.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by adamj023
From these forums it seems that a lot of people with name recognition fly on Delta.

A lot of politicians, actors, and more. Seems to be routine with the major carriers.

In the past a lot of people would have been found on private jets however that number seems to have been diminished as of late.
There is a Celeb thread in almost every Airline forum here. I don't believe that most of them are DL loyal. Likely just flying whoever is the most convenient or fly's where they need to go, direct.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
I got to see Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachman on my DCA-MSP leg today. I only realized it was her because 4 different members of her staff came up to her seat to drop things off or pick things up. They were all flying coach and she was the only one in F.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by Medeski
I got to see Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachman on my DCA-MSP leg today. I only realized it was her because 4 different members of her staff came up to her seat to drop things off or pick things up. They were all flying coach and she was the only one in F.
Carefull about those 'eyes'... they're MES-MORE-EYES-ING!!

I'm surprised that she still has a staff... didn't her campaign staff punch out en masse?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Medeski
Just saw her on FoxNews before Newt Gingrich came on.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:25 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mlad1101
There is a Celeb thread in almost every Airline forum here. I don't believe that most of them are DL loyal. Likely just flying whoever is the most convenient or fly's where they need to go, direct.
^ When you consistently buy paid F loyalty doesn't really matter - schedule is likely the determining factor.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
On DL 1640 ATL to DTW and sitting next to Pam Oliver. She is a sideline reporter for NBA and NFL.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mlad1101
+1. There are just as many Celeb sightings on every other airline. Not sure where the OP is getting the "Delta is the choice of the famous" because for the most part they could care less who they fly as long as their agent has them in FC.

Sat next to Wink Martindale from SFO-ORD in FC on UA Friday. He desperately wanted me to recognize him and kept talking about his agent in Korea...LOL. I never did and he looked visibly frustrated.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by naijaman
In return, celebs give DL free publicity thru social media and sometimes free in-flight entertainment . e.g Kanye West's rants/freestyle on MSP-JFK flt, Rapper B.o.B performed his chart topping "Airplane" song on ATL-LAX, countless celebs that reveal their excitement/flight info to twitter/FB fans when flying DL, etc
How awful. I would ask for a refund if some jerkoff rapper tried to film a music video or perform one of his 'songs' during a flight and the airline was complicit. The last thing I want is to be subjected to that noise at 35k feet. I'd rather hear a nursery full of crying children.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Originally Posted by Pete838
How awful. I would ask for a refund if some jerkoff rapper tried to film a music video or perform one of his 'songs' during a flight and the airline was complicit. The last thing I want is to be subjected to that noise at 35k feet. I'd rather hear a nursery full of crying children.
I'm afraid DL will take whatever free press they can get but fortunately for you DL is offering a 1,500 bonus miles when you purchase the Bose QC 15 Noise Canceling Headset! LOL
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
That puts your whole statement into perspective.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Starwood
Puhhlease!! DL Crew members probably enjoyed the little fun, as its not a common event on a plane, compared to those crying little dem*ns & DYKWIA passengers.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Kim Kardashian in 3A on flight from LAX to MSP---just arrived 30 minutes ago.

Sure the gossip columns will be all over it---did she come to return the ring to Kris? Did she come to get back together? Perhaps to talk to his parents....who knows, but what we do know is that the media will be all over it.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM
Originally Posted by wineandtravel

Sure the gossip columns will be all over it---did she come to return the ring to Kris? Did she come to get back together? Perhaps to talk to his parents....who knows, but what we do know is that the media will be all over it.
Note to self: Purell Wipes for next upgrade to 3A.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by wineandtravel

TMZ has nothing on FlyerTalk! Last report they had her 'going into hiding.' Perhaps next time she goes into hiding she should fly private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.