Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Platinum Medallion on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Delta Platinum Medallion on Air France

Hello, I searched and could not locate an answer, even Air France told me to check with Delta, so my question is that I will be flying on Air France soon from CDG to PRG and back and am trying to determine how many bags I may take complimentary. I know one without question, but thought it was 2 bags, as it was when I flew on KLM last year. Thanks for any insight on this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have you checked this site? https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio.../us-regulation
As Platinum you would be SkyTeam Elite Plus, which depending on you cabin class still offers you a +1 to your bags. That is, if you fly Economy, you get 1 piece of checked luggage at 23 kilos. There are some exceptions on that site too, but at a glance I did not see Prague having any there.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pt360
Have you checked this site? https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio.../us-regulation
As Platinum you would be SkyTeam Elite Plus, which depending on you cabin class still offers you a +1 to your bags. That is, if you fly Economy, you get 1 piece of checked luggage at 23 kilos. There are some exceptions on that site too, but at a glance I did not see Prague having any there.
If ticket was bought from DL, this likely has nothing tovdo with it. US law governs if therecis an origin or destination in US.

US law provides the marketing carrier of first flight on ticket policy governs throughout.

If this is DL, DL policy applies, even if AF/etc operated. It applies on way back also.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
It is always +1 bag to what is already included in your fare.
On a light economy (no baggage) you get 1 free bag.
On standard economy you get 2 bags.

After purchasing the ticket you should be able to see correct number of free bags when you log in to manage your trip.

As DL platinum you can select any economy seat for free, including exit rows.
as opposed to KLM, AF planes do not have any comfort economy seats at all.
TechMarauder likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:28 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Is the ticket a one off CDG-PRG or part of an onward connection USA-->CDG-PRG?

If part of a single USA-CDG-PRG itinerary, then the most significant carrier rule applies and whatever the rules of the USA-CDG flight would apply.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Is the ticket a one off CDG-PRG or part of an onward connection USA-->CDG-PRG?

If part of a single USA-CDG-PRG itinerary, then the most significant carrier rule applies and whatever the rules of the USA-CDG flight would apply.
Under US law MSC isn't a thing. US law goes by marketing carrier of the 1st segment on ticket ticket or a modified MSC (basically the MSC but using the marketing not operating carrier). Law requires whichever is used apply throughout. All carriers currently simply use the 1st segment option to prevent issues with downline application.

Last edited by flyerCO; Feb 21, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:22 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Under US law MSC isn't a thing. US law goes by marketing carrier of the 1st segment on ticket ticket or a modified MSC (basically the MSC but using the marketing not operating carrier). Law requires whichever is used apply throughout. All carriers currently simply use the 1st segment option to prevent issues with downtime application.
Thanks for the info. I was not aware.

So if I fly, example JFK-YUL-CDG and the first flight is a codeshare on a US carrier with no J booked onto a cheap economy bucket and connect to a j TATL flight I would need to pay for luggage in JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.