Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I buy 2 seats in first class for 1 passenger?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to help a friend move her parents back home from where they wintered. Mom fell and broke her hip and the plan is to fly her back in first class aisle bulkhead seat but we want to minimize the chance of her leg being hit by the window passenger. Any suggestions on how to book that? Any other ideas or suggestions for this situation?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I did this before. When I did this I just called Delta and booked two seats next to each other. Not sure if it was neccesary but when we got to the gate, I explained to the GA again it was 2 seats not one and when boarding scanned both bps.

This was 2011ish so I really don't recall all the details. It was also in coach. 3 seats 1 in my name and 2 in my mom's. But I do recall we called to book.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, you can buy an extra seat in First. Same policy and procedure as in another cabin: Buying 2 coach seats for one person / EXST on Delta (Consolidated Threads)

Same potential general issues with employees being unfamiliar with the process, but you should be okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.