Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta adds Boston to Honolulu, more frequencies on existing HI routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta adds Boston to Honolulu, more frequencies on existing HI routes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
The more DL seats into HNL, the better, regardless of equipment. Sort of surprised they didn't add a second ATL-HNL nonstop. There used to be one around 3p but I think it died with the 2009 recession.
I'm glad to see a buildup, but I am still waiting for DL to offer a better schedule to the islands out of its own hub (MSP) than does UA...
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by rylan
Its just the current 76K configuration where they added PS seats... and it is a small PS cabin which means your opportunities are very limited if you want to clear into D1 at booking with an upgrade cert, or even getting a reasonable PS fare.
Maybe this flight will be the catalyst for them to actually formalize what PS service looks like and costs on these long haul domestic flights. Even though it's a long flight, PS or economy on westbound flights to HNL (from ATL, JFK, BOS, etc) are good options to have. It's an entirely daytime flight during most passengers' normal daytime hours.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:46 pm

Programs: Skyteam
About time
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by rylan
I wonder which xxx-HNL route they are using for the return equipment to BOS? Obviously a 30 min turn isn't realistic to use the same airframe.
The currently loaded schedules for December show 11x 76K flights daily into/out of HNL (BOS, JFK, DTW, MSP, SEA, 2x SLC, 3x LAX, and HND). For now, it looks like the flight arriving from SLC at 334pm will be used for the 520pm departure to BOS.
happydad100 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The currently loaded schedules for December show 11x 76K flights daily into/out of HNL (BOS, JFK, DTW, MSP, SEA, 2x SLC, 3x LAX, and HND). For now, it looks like the flight arriving from SLC at 334pm will be used for the 520pm departure to BOS.
How about DL837 ATL > HNL?
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Currently scheduled as an A333
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Confused about what you're asking, as 836/837 are on an Airbus A330.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
I was very surprised to see BOS-HNL after I moved out of MA. Currently, it shows First for Z instead of D1 for $1078 OW. It's a steal and I don't think it will last long. If I had the newly issued reserve card companion cert I would book it.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The SkyClub at HNL is pretty packed each afternoon before the redeyes to ATL, MSP, DTW, and JFK; adding BOS and a second SLC flight is really going to test capacity.
indufan likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Nice to see but I still don’t understand why DL won’t focus more on the outer HI islands like KOA or LIH. DL is the only carrier that doesn’t offer daytime/non-red eye options from either of those destinations back to the mainland. You’d think a morning outbound/midday return to LAX or SEA from KOA would work but apparently not. I believe DL use to fly SLC-KOA 10+ years ago but that hasn’t returned either.
I don’t recall AA offering anything other than red eyes out of KOA or LIH either. United and Alaska seem like the best option out of those islands. But

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.