Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking MM miles for starting in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
That is pretty random.

I am surprised at the airlines. Do they really think we don't know they would dump this whole nonsense in a second if they could get away with it? DL at least was up front that they want out. UA and AA still think we are stupid.
Originally Posted by josephstern
How is Delta saying they "want out"?

They did make it harder to earn MM status, but also MUCH more rewarding.
And unless almost all of your MQMs came from CCs or were from very short flights (if the new system doesn't have a 500 mile minimum), it will actually take LESS flying to hit a higher complimentary annual status, despite the lack of class of service bonuses now. Even if flying on nothing but fares that earned 150% MQM, you were still looking at 1.333 million BIS miles to get to "lifetime" GM (not factoring in CC spend boost MQMs and 500 MQM minimums for short segments). Now it will only take 1 million BIS miles flown to get "lifetime" GM. And look at DM. Used to take 6 million miles, which was at least 4.5 million BIS miles (again, not counting 500 mile minimums or CC bonuses), and that was if every fare was a fare earning an MQM bonus. Now you can get DM for 3 million BIS miles flown. You won't be able to accumulate the miles as quickly, but the finish line is now much closer to reach for each MM level and if your only method of earning MQMs was flying, will be far easier to reach.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
And unless almost all of your MQMs came from CCs or were from very short flights (if the new system doesn't have a 500 mile minimum), it will actually take LESS flying to hit a higher complimentary annual status, despite the lack of class of service bonuses now. Even if flying on nothing but fares that earned 150% MQM, you were still looking at 1.333 million BIS miles to get to "lifetime" GM (not factoring in CC spend boost MQMs and 500 MQM minimums for short segments). Now it will only take 1 million BIS miles flown to get "lifetime" GM. And look at DM. Used to take 6 million miles, which was at least 4.5 million BIS miles (again, not counting 500 mile minimums or CC bonuses), and that was if every fare was a fare earning an MQM bonus. Now you can get DM for 3 million BIS miles flown. You won't be able to accumulate the miles as quickly, but the finish line is now much closer to reach for each MM level and if your only method of earning MQMs was flying, will be far easier to reach.
I wish DL would keep the MQM and CoS bonuses for a few more years so I can pad my balance before they bring the finish line closer for each MM level.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
You don't earn on RDM/mile, you earn based on fare. And MQMs are subject to various multipliers for class of service.

I'd expect (or at least hope) that they'll still count miles flown on award travel.
Wouldn't that be double dipping? You earned the mile toward MM earning the skymile the first time, if that's how it was earned, then turn around and use the skymile for award travel and get credit again? I think that's why they didn't used to credit aware travel toward status before, they only brought that bag during Covid to get people flying or spending down that growing balance of miles...
Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
I would take a guess and think that award flights will count against your MM balance but -of course- not generating any RDM's. They should count for MM by logic as you are actualy FLEW these miles, so our butt WAS in a airline seat.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm somewhat nervous about booking flights for 2024. On the booking summary page, DL used to show the number of RDMs, MQMs, and MQDs earned. Now, I only see miles (RDM?) and MQDs. MQM has been removed. I still don't know if my DL and AF-operated flights will earn lifetime miles on a 1:1 basis.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:13 pm

Seems to me that a fare-class enhancement would be entirely with the new focus on revenue. If I were designing the program with revenue in mind, I would provide such an enhancement in rough proportion to the average extra revenue earned by the higher fare class -- e.g., if first class is on average roughly double the cost of regular economy, I'd provide a 2x enhancement. Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: Skyteam
I would assume that in 2024 miles flow will be actual and no more minimum 500 miles for destinations less than 500 miles.
For DTW-CLE, you would only get 250 or so miles for million miles calculation.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skchin
I would assume that in 2024 miles flow will be actual and no more minimum 500 miles for destinations less than 500 miles.
For DTW-CLE, you would only get 250 or so miles for million miles calculation.
DTW-CLE is only 95 miles. I'm guessing they might have some minimum (to attract people who are not hub hostages and have a choice), but it might not be 500 miles.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.