Wiki Posts
Search

GUC randomly being pulled?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
GUC randomly being pulled?

I saw today that one of my newly chosen GUCs was CLOSED in my account. I have not used it. Just selected it back a few weeks ago. I called the Diamond line and they were like "oh, yeah, we will just go ahead and open that back up for you". What? How could this happen? Delta gave no explanation.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Welcome to the Delta Premium experience.
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Similar thing happened to me. My recent RDU-ATL-HND round trip pulled 3 GUCs. Called the DM line today and they found that the return flight pulled 2 GUCs, apparently by mistake. They said they would re-open one GUC for me. Still waiting to see if it will re-open.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by MonAmQB
Similar thing happened to me. My recent RDU-ATL-HND round trip pulled 3 GUCs. Called the DM line today and they found that the return flight pulled 2 GUCs, apparently by mistake. They said they would re-open one GUC for me. Still waiting to see if it will re-open.
Every time I have had this issue they do in fact reopen them but they will remain showing "Closed" on Delta.com which means to use them you will need to call in and have them attached to your reservation.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Yeah so Delta looked into this, admitted it was a mistake and opened the GUC back up. However, I randomly went back in today and its closed again. I have now talked to 4 people over the last 45 min on the phone and they won't budge. They say I used it for a flight which I did not. I keep telling them "don't you have notes or a record of the last phone call" to which they say no. Now they actually hung up on me. Fun!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Yeah so Delta looked into this, admitted it was a mistake and opened the GUC back up. However, I randomly went back in today and its closed again. I have now talked to 4 people over the last 45 min on the phone and they won't budge. They say I used it for a flight which I did not. I keep telling them "don't you have notes or a record of the last phone call" to which they say no. Now they actually hung up on me. Fun!
If it were me I would escalate to CEO’s office. It can’t even be fraud like someone used it without your permission as that person would have had to be traveling with you.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
If it were me I would escalate to CEO’s office.
I can only assume you are joking and making fun of me for this issue? If not, please do tell, how one would go about that and what success you've had with this type of escalation. Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:07 pm

I can only assume you are joking and making fun of me for this issue? If not, please do tell, how one would go about that and what success you've had with this type of escalation. Thank you.
I wasn’t joking. If it were me I would be absolutely livid. You tried DL customer no service and got nowhere. So you need to either escalate or walk away.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Jan 3, 2024 at 6:15 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They absolutely should have information on their side about what ticket the GUC was attached to. Unfortunately sounds like you need to keep wasting your time hunting this down. I'd suggest asking for global ticketing. Or you could try sending an email and just be simply to the point - your guc number xxxx was incorrectly closed since you did not use it and see what happens.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:26 pm

As with any major corporation, escalate, escalate, escalate. Go up the chain to all senior management you can find. Get an attorney to write a letter if necessary. The frontline people you speak to are largely clueless, or at least powerless. And this is being said by someone whose spouse works as a supervisor in a customer service department (not DL, not airline). Ask DL for a detailed accounting of where the GUC was supposedly used. It’s there.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:35 am

I had similar experience as you, again! DL re-opened the GUC that they mistakenly closed, and then the GUC was closed in the system again! I had to call in and they quickly re-opened it again, which has stayed open till now. In my conversations with the phone agents, they all said that I used the GUC for a HDN-ATL-RDU flight. This is where keeping track of all your certificates is useful -- I told them to also check another (correctly closed) GUC (I gave them the specific GUC number) which was also used for the same flight. Once they saw one flight using two GUCs, they quickly acknowledged the error on their end and corrected it promptly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.