Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK -> KOA . Should I go via HNL, SEA, or LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK -> KOA . Should I go via HNL, SEA, or LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cvision
And with SDC could even get something different than the 763 though it'd involve a layover in DTW/ATL.

Do make sure though it's RUC into D1, not PS. Not sure which time they officially start selling PS on JFK-HNL
Neither did I, but apparently it’s started (see screenshot above).

Attempting SDC with RUCs would ruin their vacation though.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by p0rkbelly
Think I might have just answered my original question.

So for JFK -> HNL -> KOA it looks like if I change my date of travel by a day I can use a RUC certificate to get confirmed D1 on the way there. Was not expecting that.

Can't say no to that.
Based on you originally searching for PS seats, I am assuming that you are buying PS and upgrading to D1. Which is ok. But you can't upgrade from economy to D1 on that route if the 764 is flying it. I used my RUC to upgrade JFK-HNL before they started selling PS on the route, but schedule changes took me off the route after they started selling it, and in order to get back on, I had to change my originating airport. When I attempted to do that, they would only upgrade me to PS (even though the day before I was already in D1 on that exact flight). The bright side is I only did that route to get more MQMs so I could hit platinum next year again... Now that MQMs are gone, I am actually happy I get the shorter ATL-HNL flight. Now just hoping another schedule change forces my return to move to HNL-ATL too.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by p0rkbelly
If I go via HNL, it's better equipment for most of the majority of the flight with PS and D1 as options. (also odd quirk, Delta.com won't let me book PS, but, I see 99% of the seats available on the map...huh?)

Via SEA it's an A321neo on both legs. 3 hour layover, but, SEA Delta lounge is nice.

LAX will have the shortest duration overall, but, I hear the LAX -> KOA equipment is ancient.
HNL. If there's an issue, you're at least close, with lots of frequency to get you the rest of the way.

Also, the DL HNL lounge is fantastic. It's small, but absolutely the nicest staff, and I think the best food in the system. I would take it over the SEA lounge any day, and I think the SEA lounge is great.
obscure2k and p0rkbelly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.