Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can no longer use SkyMiles number at kiosk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can no longer use SkyMiles number at kiosk?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Because Delta IT decided to turn off the app for older iOS phones I had to get a paper boarding pass. Could not use the kiosk, so waited in line for a long time. Had enough time to search for my confirmation number. Went back to the kiosk and tried use it. PITA as my touch was not working. Has to hand my phone to an agent and had them enter all of information. Finally got printed BP. For my return I just got in line and waited. DeltaDumb IT strikes again.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Call me a boomer, but I ALWAYS hit the kiosk and print BP's... why?

Because SM posting isn't a guarantee and having paper copies helps prove I took the flight. Still waiting for a flight from last Wed 4/10 to post to my SM account. DL metal. DL 006 ticket booked on DL.dum. One way booking. Glad I saved the BP's in case DL hassles me for the mileage credit I'll request in two more days.
um, screenshot?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Because Delta IT decided to turn off the app for older iOS phones I had to get a paper boarding pass. Could not use the kiosk, so waited in line for a long time. Had enough time to search for my confirmation number. Went back to the kiosk and tried use it. PITA as my touch was not working. Has to hand my phone to an agent and had them enter all of information. Finally got printed BP. For my return I just got in line and waited. DeltaDumb IT strikes again.
the self service kiosks are terrible. They NEVER recognize the boarding pass from the (terrible) Delta App. another abysmal IT failure. I have found the BP scans better from the phone if you add the BP to Apple Wallet. Otherwise you need the 6 digit PNR to look up your reservation manually. If the line is short I just proceed to the open check in agent and explain to them I dont have time to finagle their terrible machine. here is my BP and ID. I'm 1MM and Platinum. thank you very much. I have no patience for Delta and their incompetent IT.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mridley2
the self service kiosks are terrible. They NEVER recognize the boarding pass from the (terrible) Delta App. another abysmal IT failure. I have found the BP scans better from the phone if you add the BP to Apple Wallet. Otherwise you need the 6 digit PNR to look up your reservation manually. If the line is short I just proceed to the open check in agent and explain to them I dont have time to finagle their terrible machine. here is my BP and ID. I'm 1MM and Platinum. thank you very much. I have no patience for Delta and their incompetent IT.
At the Kiosk you can simply swipe any credit card thats under the same name as anyone on your reservation and itll locate your reservation that way. No need to type or scan anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.