Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Medallion Phone Line Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Diamond Medallion Phone Line Question

Since COVID there has been discussion about the Diamond Medallion line and if there are dedicated agents who handle this. Does anyone have any knowledge on how this is being handled now? I know during COVID they had a TON of agents take retirement and leave, which left them with fewer senior agents. I have heard people say different things but I think there were 3 possible situations now:

1) DM has its own dedicated line and own agents answering the phone (NOT LIKELY)
2) All Medallions (Silver, Gold, PM, and DM) are answered by the same group of agents (MOST LIKELY)
3) All reservation agents answer phone calls with DM getting priority in terms of being placed in the que. (POSSIBLE)

Would love to know thoughts and or information on this. My last trip trying to do a Same Day Confirm was a disaster, taking 1 chat agent and 4 regular agents to fix the issue. Sadly the last agent I talked to fixed the problem in 10 minutes after spending several hours on the phone/chat with the 4 combined prior to him.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Chat has the worst possible outcomes. Avoid at all costs.
ebayj, flyerCO, hockeystl and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Since COVID there has been discussion about the Diamond Medallion line and if there are dedicated agents who handle this. Does anyone have any knowledge on how this is being handled now? I know during COVID they had a TON of agents take retirement and leave, which left them with fewer senior agents. I have heard people say different things but I think there were 3 possible situations now:

1) DM has its own dedicated line and own agents answering the phone (NOT LIKELY)
2) All Medallions (Silver, Gold, PM, and DM) are answered by the same group of agents (MOST LIKELY)
3) All reservation agents answer phone calls with DM getting priority in terms of being placed in the que. (POSSIBLE)

Would love to know thoughts and or information on this. My last trip trying to do a Same Day Confirm was a disaster, taking 1 chat agent and 4 regular agents to fix the issue. Sadly the last agent I talked to fixed the problem in 10 minutes after spending several hours on the phone/chat with the 4 combined prior to him.
I know for sure DM gets answered faster. If I call from one office phone line that is not registered with DL it can be a 30+ minute wait. Then I call from my cell and it’s 0-2 minutes. Then we chat and I can tell within a few seconds that they have relatively zero experience.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:11 pm

#3 is actually most likely. Medallions just get prioritized in the queue.
hhdl and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Chat has the worst possible outcomes. Avoid at all costs.
Oh trust me I do.....the only advantage to chat is at least you can copy and paste your discussions so you have something to go back on the agent messes things up!
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLHubber
#3 is actually most likely. Medallions just get prioritized in the queue.

I think I need to ask an agent.....although even they may not know
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I just want to know how to call Chisholm directly....
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:59 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
As a plat my anecdotal experience is #2. I always get competent agents, but there's usually a bit of a queue.

For comparison pretty sure AS is #3 and so is AA except for CK.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peatisback
PLEASE.....bring them back.....I remember back in the day the PM line was answered almost always by Chisholm agents............just sad we can't get back to that.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
My experience is that competence may depend on the day and time of day: If I call M-F, 9-5 ATL or MN time, I have found a much higher percentage of competent agents answering the phone than when calling -say- on weekend evenings. Or maybe I was just lucky when I called during the week during business hours? And of course we do not always have a choice in when we have to call...
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
This is an area that all the airlines cut back on dramatically in 2020 and probably are all trying to squeeze by with as minimal an investment as possible still much to the angst of all of us... ... They are definitely hiring some new people though as when you do call (or chat) the ability to know most answers is dramatically lacking.
As to the question, I do find that the DM line gets answered right away as does my Alaska calls.. I even notice a difference when I bounce between silver and gold with Flying blue what the pick up time is. (however my experience is the AirFrance/KLM team actually has the answers right almost all of the time for me).

Which begs the question since right now we cant seem to have both:
Someone picking up right away(less than 30 seconds) and not always able to help with the solution/answer in the moment?
Waiting 5 minutes (my AF/KLM status experience) but able to help with the solution/answer in the moment ?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
you can'tanymore. If you called local # it used to goto them. However they stopped this. Even calling Singapore DL line doesn't send you to Singapore Agents anymore. Thos used to be last method of getting competent agents.

Originally Posted by _fx
As a plat my anecdotal experience is #2. I always get competent agents, but there's usually a bit of a queue.

For comparison pretty sure AS is #3 and so is AA except for CK.
AA has actual desks. In fact AA airport agents call same number as Executive Platinum usually. (For support)
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FenwayTim
This is an area that all the airlines cut back on dramatically in 2020 and probably are all trying to squeeze by with as minimal an investment as possible still much to the angst of all of us... ... They are definitely hiring some new people though as when you do call (or chat) the ability to know most answers is dramatically lacking.
As to the question, I do find that the DM line gets answered right away as does my Alaska calls.. I even notice a difference when I bounce between silver and gold with Flying blue what the pick up time is. (however my experience is the AirFrance/KLM team actually has the answers right almost all of the time for me).

Which begs the question since right now we cant seem to have both:
Someone picking up right away(less than 30 seconds) and not always able to help with the solution/answer in the moment?
Waiting 5 minutes (my AF/KLM status experience) but able to help with the solution/answer in the moment ?
I think DL biggest issue, training, they have none! Even when they do it's more like what I got at call center 20 years ago. OTJ and by word of mouth from those work with.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
It's probably a combination of 2 & 3 based on volumes.

The real issue is that too many agents (whether dedicated to Medallion or not) have no idea what they are doing with complex items. It's a big lottery game and often times you need to play HUCA
rylan and flyerCO like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PHXflier
My experience is that competence may depend on the day and time of day: If I call M-F, 9-5 ATL or MN time, I have found a much higher percentage of competent agents answering the phone than when calling -say- on weekend evenings. Or maybe I was just lucky when I called during the week during business hours? And of course we do not always have a choice in when we have to call...
IME this does not help me because ATL based agents are almost always useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.