Diamond Medallion Phone Line Question

Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Not helpful when you had to make multiple calls in one day to get what you needed done. Is the survey related to the first awful call or the one later on who was able to finally resolve your issue?
That is my biggest issues with the survey....when you have had to HUCA 4 or 5 times how do you know if its the last agent or first agent that your actually doing the survey on? Last time I called I wrote a detailed note but this is probably a 3rd party company administering the survey so who knows if the notes ever get read.

Last edited by WyomingBound; Apr 28, 2023 at 8:20 pm Reason: Better explination
Old Apr 28, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Chat has the worst possible outcomes. Avoid at all costs.
Anyone know if there is a way to permanently opt-out of getting asked on EVERY phone call if we want to use chat?
ebayj and BamaGirl like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Anyone know if there is a way to permanently opt-out of getting asked on EVERY phone call if we want to use chat?
ID be happy if I could answer "No" instead of having to push a button. Everything else it asks is voice recognition. Aggravation.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
ID be happy if I could answer "No" instead of having to push a button. Everything else it asks is voice recognition. Aggravation.
I never push a button to opt out of chat. I just say no thanks
Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:38 am

it literally says "push 1 for no or 2 for yes, or just say 'no thanks'"
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delete
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
it literally says "push 1 for no or 2 for yes, or just say 'no thanks'"
Nevermind, I just realized I'm thinking of the callback option. It makes you hit 1 for yes, 2 for no. There's no option to verbally say "no thanks." It's a minor thing I realize. Just aggravating when everything else they want a verbal response.

Constantly am caught saying "no thanks or no" when the wait is only a few minutes. For some reason I get prompted for call back on all calls. Wait time is 3 minutes, do you wish to be called back?
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Understandable but the argument could be made if new, poorly trained, agents are scoring 5/5 from DL's most frequent fliers then how would DL mgmt know there's a problem and why would they invest in more training?
I wasn't saying that I was giving out "sympathy" 5 out of 5 ratings.

I was saying that I don't do ratings, since the system is useless.

I seriously doubt that giving a zero to someone is going to lead DL management to the conclusion that lack of adequate training is the issue.

They are far more likely to conclude that the zero indicates an individual attitude problem.

Management is not likely to assume the blame for the poor rating as long as they have a facile alternative explanation to latch onto.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
I have had DL email me the survey about a day after a call when I can't or won't complete it on the phone. It is hit and miss though (guestimate 50:50).
I may have had this happen once or twice, but this is far from the general case for me.

And, of what value is a survey asking "What was your opinion of the agent that you spoke with on Day XXX?" when you may have had to HUCA several times to find someone helpful? There is no way to identify the problematic agent(s) in the survey.

Customer surveys are just useless tools that large companies use in an attempt to convince the customer that the company cares far more than it really does.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nevermind, I just realized I'm thinking of the callback option. It makes you hit 1 for yes, 2 for no. There's no option to verbally say "no thanks." It's a minor thing I realize. Just aggravating when everything else they want a verbal response.

Constantly am caught saying "no thanks or no" when the wait is only a few minutes. For some reason I get prompted for call back on all calls. Wait time is 3 minutes, do you wish to be called back?
Slightly off topic, but the call back option appears to be non-functional if you are using a cell phone via a WiFi connection. When you receive the call back, you can punch any button on your phone that you wish to punch, but the signal does not get transmitted back to the system at the other end.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
That is my biggest issues with the survey....when you have had to HUCA 4 or 5 times how do you know if its the last agent or first agent that your actually doing the survey on? Last time I called I wrote a detailed note but this is probably a 3rd party company administering the survey so who knows if the notes ever get read.
Pretty much every major company uses Medallia to run their surveys.

Speaking as someone whose been in multiple retail stores and contact centers that use them, the feedback largely is only meant for the individual and the agent handling the call will see your answers/comments and ratings just without a name attached to the survey.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Slightly off topic, but the call back option appears to be non-functional if you are using a cell phone via a WiFi connection. When you receive the call back, you can punch any button on your phone that you wish to punch, but the signal does not get transmitted back to the system at the other end.
Never once had this issue. Sounds more like a problem with your phone and/or carrier.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I wasn't saying that I was giving out "sympathy" 5 out of 5 ratings.

I was saying that I don't do ratings, since the system is useless.

I seriously doubt that giving a zero to someone is going to lead DL management to the conclusion that lack of adequate training is the issue.

They are far more likely to conclude that the zero indicates an individual attitude problem.

Management is not likely to assume the blame for the poor rating as long as they have a facile alternative explanation to latch onto.
the survey specifically asks you to rate the person you just talked to, not "the system" or management's training regime or any of that stuff, so why, if you felt the problem were a lack of training, would you rate the individual person lower???
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Amen to that.....I would rather wait 20 minutes on a good agent. It seems like everytime I call I get told "I am going to put you on a brief hold while I research this for you" which tells me they are looking into the Knowledge Management system (KA) OR reaching out to "Ticketing Support".....I have had 1 of the last 5 agents I have dealt with be able to handle an issue on their own.
+1on hold with DM line and trying to cancel a ticket with RUC applied. They have no idea how to do it.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
+1…on hold with DM line and trying to cancel a ticket with RUC applied. They have no idea how to do it.
Best of luck. I've been dealing with the exact same scenario since Thursday. Three calls later, I'm still waiting for the RUC to be re-opened. Be sure you write down the number of the RUC you applied so you know which one needs to be reopened.
secretalcoholic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.