Diamond Medallion Phone Line Question

Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yup - what FlyAO2 said.

Same group of agents, with priority based on status if there is a wait. Other than that, its a crapshoot who/where you get for an agent. Sometimes good, sometimes clueless.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Yup - what FlyAO2 said.

Sometimes good, sometimes clueless.
Rarely good. Most often clueless these days.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Amen to that.....I would rather wait 20 minutes on a good agent. It seems like everytime I call I get told "I am going to put you on a brief hold while I research this for you" which tells me they are looking into the Knowledge Management system (KA) OR reaching out to "Ticketing Support".....I have had 1 of the last 5 agents I have dealt with be able to handle an issue on their own.

Last edited by WyomingBound; Apr 24, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even calling Singapore DL line doesn't send you to Singapore Agents anymore. Thos used to be last method of getting competent
Wait youre telling me the Singapore line doesnt work anymore?

Nooooooooo!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:25 pm

it's been #3 even before covid
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
As a PM, I got 2-3 minutes of hold time last night for adequate and correct but slower than it should have been for a relatively straightforward booking where the web site wasn’t letting me combine allowable eCredits and eTickets for an online purchase.

I still do get a rando person with a Texas accent who seems very with it about 1/3 of the time.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Agree. I've had to HUCA more in the past 3 months than in the past decade due to agents who are borderline useless.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think DL biggest issue, training, they have none! Even when they do it's more like what I got at call center 20 years ago. OTJ and by word of mouth from those work with.
This is another reason that I don't participate in the end-of-call surveys.

It's not fair to give an agent a poor rating just because they have been set up to fail by their employer.

If I had an opportunity to comment on management performance, rather than employee performance, I would take that opportunity.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

It's not fair to give an agent a poor rating just because they have been set up to fail by their employer.
Understandable but the argument could be made if new, poorly trained, agents are scoring 5/5 from DL's most frequent fliers then how would DL mgmt know there's a problem and why would they invest in more training?
RobertS975 and DLHubber like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Understandable but the argument could be made if new, poorly trained, agents are scoring 5/5 from DL's most frequent fliers then how would DL mgmt know there's a problem and why would they invest in more training?
This.... Nice and helpful agents (rated 5/5) may still be incompetent agents (but rated 5/5 on account of their willingness to help).

The challenge is that you don't always know instantly if the agent processed things correctly. Thinking about applying GUC/RUC, which may sounds/look OK when on the phone, only to learn later that errors were made.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

If I had an opportunity to comment on management performance, rather than employee performance, I would take that opportunity.
Yeah half their "Supervisors" are borderline worthless also.......for me an agent that is willing to listen and help goes along way. When I get an agent who does not understand the rules I try to point them to the correct information. The agents who are entitled and are unwilling to listen or unwilling to help get a 1/5 every time from me!
Old Apr 28, 2023, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Yeah half their "Supervisors" are borderline worthless also.......for me an agent that is willing to listen and help goes along way. When I get an agent who does not understand the rules I try to point them to the correct information. The agents who are entitled and are unwilling to listen or unwilling to help get a 1/5 every time from me!
The awful agents Ive had knowingly put me on an indefinite hold (with the usual music) at the end of the call so I cannot complete the survey.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
The awful agents I’ve had knowingly put me on an indefinite hold (with the usual music) at the end of the call so I cannot complete the survey.
I have had DL email me the survey about a day after a call when I can't or won't complete it on the phone. It is hit and miss though (guestimate 50:50).
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
I have had DL email me the survey about a day after a call when I can't or won't complete it on the phone. It is hit and miss though (guestimate 50:50).
Not helpful when you had to make multiple calls in one day to get what you needed done. Is the survey related to the first awful call or the one later on who was able to finally resolve your issue?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:57 pm

The awful agents Ive had knowingly put me on an indefinite hold (with the usual music) at the end of the call so I cannot complete the survey.
I've had this happen more than a couple times myself. Definitely a game they're playing to avoid those "1" scores.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.