Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DeltaOne 330neo vs KE Prestige 748 or 380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DeltaOne 330neo vs KE Prestige 748 or 380?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by RealHJ
What's the 777 that you got? If it's the 2-2-2 config, that is still direct aisle access Prestige Suites, same seating (though less roomy) than on 747-8i. If it's the 2-3-2 config with the older Prestige Sleeper (https://www.koreanair.com/us/en/in-f...r-291/prestige), that's a product that's not really competitive anymore.. but the middle seats usually go empty, so unless it's a packed flight it's still OK, just obviously no real privacy.
It is showing 2-2-2 for now, so it is the 'new' seats. Not looking forward to the warm cabin. How does the KE service and amenities compare vs DeltaOne these days? I don't believe KE provides a mattress like JAL?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by hikouki
It is showing 2-2-2 for now, so it is the 'new' seats. Not looking forward to the warm cabin. How does the KE service and amenities compare vs DeltaOne these days? I don't believe KE provides a mattress like JAL?
No mattress (never seen JL have it either). KE service and amenities will be both far superior to DL. Attentive FAs, better amenity kit (subjective) that Delta's, always spotless clean and well-stocked lavatories with toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, the usual things, and more. Unlike Delta One [tray] service, multi-course meal with amuse bouche, soup, salad, main (if you have the steak, they ask you how you would like it cooked, so unless you want it that way it won't come overcooked), cheese plate or fruit (or both), and choice of deserts (or you can have one of each if you want).

No individual air vents, so the cabin temperature is the biggest negative. Dress light. And don't hesitate to ask the FAs to turn down the temperature if you find it too hot. They will oblige. After you ask for the second or third time to turn it down a bit more, it may start to get more reasonable.

Prestige Suites seats are good. A bit on the narrow side, but with good privacy (esp. the window seats), direct aisle access for all. Don't let the 2-2-2 fool you. 747-8i is that way too (and the exact same seat product), and 2-2 on the upper deck. But still completely private direct aisle access "suite" (esp. for window seats, just less roomy on 777 since you don't have the 747 upper deck curvature creating more space for you by and below the window).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.