Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BOS 90 Years of Non-stop Service commemorative pin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion

Did anyone else fly through Logan (BOS) on August 11, 2023 and get a commemorative pin for their trouble?

Per the card to which said pin was attached:Thank you for letting us serve you for the last 90 years and being a part of our journey.

On August 11, 1933, Northeast Airlines, which merged with Delta in 1972, started regular service from Boston to Portland, ME.

Delta 90 years of service at BOS commemorative pin on explanatory card

I'm sure I don't really need another bauble, but I'm like a magpie and couldn't resist taking one when they were offered. I did have a denim jacket plastered with pins and badges as a teenager, and they are all in a box somewhere in my closet to this day. I guess this was on brand for me.

Now, if only Delta had managed to get me to my destination less than five hours late! I've almost completed my status match challenge, and, out of five segments flown, I've had a checked bag take two hours to arrive at the carousel on the first one, and, last week, a multi-hour delay that saw fifty people board a plane, taxi, return to gate, exit the plane, re-board, exit, and finally board for a third time before it finally took us on our 35 minute trip.

Not sure a 40% rate of SNAFUs encourages me to change my flying patterns to give DL more business...

The band "The Georgia Satellites" was on that flight with me, which I suppose is something. Anyone remember their one hit: Keep Your Hands to Yourself? It's been stuck in my head ever since another passenger pointed out who they were.
..."No huggee, no kissee until I get a wedding ring"
Singleflyer and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:46 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I think my last flight was served by a gate crew who handled that first flight 90 years ago.

Were you tied down with Battleship Chains, too?
willoL, JesseRohr and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 11:03 am

Don't hand me no lines...

I think that pin's neat! Or at least the packaging is.
willoL likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
The pin & card look really great, I will put August 11 2033 into my calendar hoping for additional swag!

I wonder what 'non-stop' means, especially in light of the 9/11 memorial visible (and easily accessible from the ground floor of the parking structure) from the connection between the parking structure and terminal A.
willoL likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Bummer, I missed that by a day. Was there the day before.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:54 pm

Isnt all service non-stop to the first place the plane lands?
indufan likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by zeke3
Right? Seems like word garbage.
indufan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by zeke3
I think they mean uninterrupted -- there was no lapse in serving Boston for 90 years by Delta or its predecessors. Just my take.
steveholt, willoL, indufan and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Bummer, I missed that by a day. Was there the day before.
Same, I connected through there two days later.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The word "continuous" was the one they should have substituted for non-stop.

Was Delta serving BOS prior to the merger with Northeast? I found a 1971 route map that showed the Delta network ending in NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.