Wiki Posts
Search

Price Tracking Tool

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Price Tracking Tool

Is anyone aware of a tool that will track "multi-city" international fares? Looking at MSP-BCN LIS-MSP in Sep/Oct in D1. I've looked at Google flights and a couple other sites. They offer the ability check multi-city fares (as does DL.com) but don't seem to allow you to get ongoing price notifications. Maybe I'm missing something? Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by GregInMN
Is anyone aware of a tool that will track "multi-city" international fares? Looking at MSP-BCN LIS-MSP in Sep/Oct in D1. I've looked at Google flights and a couple other sites. They offer the ability check multi-city fares (as does DL.com) but don't seem to allow you to get ongoing price notifications. Maybe I'm missing something? Thanks
Google flights does have a great notification service, you should see a slider right at the top of the page:

You can also filter by Airline/Departure time and it will save it with the search. I don't know of a tool that works better.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hi55us
Google flights does have a great notification service, you should see a slider right at the top of the page:

You can also filter by Airline/Departure time and it will save it with the search. I don't know of a tool that works better.

Tracking one-way fares likely won't be that effective as a MSP-BCN LIS-MSP open-jaw would qualify for cheaper roundtrip D1 fares and a one-way price tracker wouldn't pick up changes to roundtrip fares. Cheapest one-way D1 fares on routes are currently around $3800 while roundtrip D1 fares go for as low as $4500. It would be more effective to have roundtrip 1 week trips on both MSP-BCN and MSP-LIS tracked. Cheaper Z fares generally require mid-week travel.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect DL fares to ever go much cheaper from a hostage hub like MSP. Current cheapest Z fares out of Chicago (60 day AP, 7 day min stay ZLX67NDL fares below) go for roughly $3420 roundtrip. Expertflyer (which can do back-dated fare searches) shows some cheaper 90 day AP fares (ZNX96SDA fares) that were available for purchase in early February and were $240 less roundtrip. These fares were pulled on 2/11. They were not offered out of hostage hubs like MSP and DTW. I wouldn't expect DL fares to get any lower than $3200 price point from non hostage hub airports like ORD unless they see significant softening in demand.

In pre-Covid times, the legacy airlines would typically have deeply discounted business class fares in $2200 - $2400 roundtrip range for seasonal travel from later July through mid-August due to lack of business travel demand during this period (as it is a popular time for vacations). But times have changed post-Covid and the legacies are no longer offering such deeply discounted seasonal business class fares.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 28, 2023 at 12:25 pm
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:12 am

Google flights does let you track specific routings for open jaws/multi city , but not general tracking for the routing/day like it does for one ways or round trips, unfortunately

best ive done (I’m tracking similar routes) is to set up about 10 different specific variations and track them
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgot there is still a $3K roundtrip D1 summer sale (fares good for travel through Sep 17th) still going on for various northern EU cities (ZRH, BER, FRA, DUS, ARN, CPH, GOT, BRU, LHR, GLA, etc. -- sorry no southern EU cities). 7 day min stay and 50 day advance purchase required. Mid-week travel also required. These fares expire on March 15th (although they can sometimes be pulled before they expire, so probably best not to wait too long). These fares are also good from MSP, DTW, and ATL which is rare. Skyteam Multiple USA cities - Europe e.g. LAX-BER Biz RT $2,967

D1 awards with 15% AMEX discount (DL served cities only) look to generally be going for 238K roundtrip.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 1, 2023 at 8:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.