Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

15% off all SkyMiles awards for Amex cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% off all SkyMiles awards for Amex cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrboom
That's how it was. Today, D1 and Main were discounted, but premium select was not. On any of the itineraries.

Odd.
This issue has already been noted in another earnlier post. They do not exclude PS awards on DL metal from 15% discount. It's an artficact of how DL selects flights when pricing roundtrip awards/fares and showing total lowest "possible" roundtrip price. The DL search is picking a non-DL option for the return PS flights to get total roundtrip award price and the non-DL return flights exclude the entire itin from the 15% discount. Just pick the DL flight option on the outbound flight and then look for DL return options for the return. It will apply 15% discount as long as all flights on both outbound and return are on DL metal.
hhdl likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 23, 2023 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Upgraded delta blue Amex to gold 6 days ago and DL still showing blue. Even added the gold card to payments (not that that should matter). Can’t get 15% off awards. DL blames Amex and Amex blames DL. Agents totally unhelpful.

Update: I think I figured out the issue. I originally had a DL gold Amex linked to my account. Downgraded a few years ago to blue. Then upgraded last week to gold again. The only Gold that delta can see is the expired one from years ago. Both parties are saying they can’t help. Extremely frustrating.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Oct 28, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:35 pm

If I’m approved for a Delta Amex, how long before I can use TAKEOFF15? Sometimes Amex provides a card number upon approval but don’t know how long before it’s linked.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rrgg
If I’m approved for a Delta Amex, how long before I can use TAKEOFF15? Sometimes Amex provides a card number upon approval but don’t know how long before it’s linked.
It usually takes just one to two days after approval. The main screen of the app will show your card once it’s linked. There was an issue this fall (see above) where nobody’s accounts were updating for weeks, but I believe that issue has been fixed now
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dw
It usually takes just one to two days after approval. The main screen of the app will show your card once it’s linked. There was an issue this fall (see above) where nobody’s accounts were updating for weeks, but I believe that issue has been fixed now
Yes we got caught in that delay, but it does appear to be fixed now. Very aggravating at the time bc DL and Amex couldn’t figure out what was happening.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:36 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by rrgg;[url=tel:35854252
35854252[/url]]If I’m approved for a Delta Amex, how long before I can use TAKEOFF15? Sometimes Amex provides a card number upon approval but don’t know how long before it’s linked.
If you apply through the DL portal when you are booking a flight (even one you’re going to immediately cancel) you should be able to use it immediately to make the purchase, then it should be auto-linked to your account. If I recall correctly, it worked this way for me on my fourth and final DLAX card.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Yes we got caught in that delay, but it does appear to be fixed now. Very aggravating at the time bc DL and Amex couldn’t figure out what was happening.
Yes- I upgraded my Delta Business Platinum to Reserve during that time and it took some time to reflect. Thankfully I had my vanilla Amex Plat for lounge access during the time.

I applied for a new personal Delta Platinum a few weeks ago and was surprised at how quickly it was linked to my account- same day, literally just a few hours after applying.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Once it’s linked you will see the scratched out point requirement and the -15% amount right on the screen when you do a search. If you don’t see that, then not yet linked.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:32 am

I recently applied for a amex delta gold (For takeoff 15). Any ideas when it takes into effect? Couple days? or do i have to activate my physical card?
Didn't realize someone asked the same thing but i couldn't delete this reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.