Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pulling the Plug: Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
" I once flew as the lone passenger on an AA flight to Port-au-Prince from MIA..."

Reminds me of the 1980s/early '90s, when being the only or nearly the only pax on a flight wasn't that unusual. I was once just one of two upstairs on BA JFK-LHR. The purser was pretty much a butler. The other pax up there that night? A young Elizabeth McGovern.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I've been the only passenger in First twice that I can remember - once as a basic short domestic flight around 2002 (post 9/11/01 but still had solid curtains between first and coach, I remember) and once on a BA 777 IAD-LHR which was an interesting experience with my own small cabin and 2-3 cabin crew for just me. A pilot friend once ended up having to reposition a plane by skipping the hub connection they were supposed to make and the sole passenger that was making the through flight got to join them having the entire plane to themselves.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Danwriter
" I once flew as the lone passenger on an AA flight to Port-au-Prince from MIA..."

Reminds me of the 1980s/early '90s, when being the only or nearly the only pax on a flight wasn't that unusual. I was once just one of two upstairs on BA JFK-LHR. The purser was pretty much a butler. The other pax up there that night? A young Elizabeth McGovern.
I flew AA FC as the sole FC passenger and maybe only 20 people in Y ORD>LHR a Thanksgiving Day day flight 20 years ago. The plane was oversold on the way home or they would have canceled it.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:43 pm

Love your post. Congratulations on your retirement. I only have 1.5 million miles, but retired early and still fly 50-100K miles a year. Miss my expense account, but don't miss throwing my laptop open and working frantically from the beginning to the end of every flight. Still do miss PSA! Once flew as the only passenger on the upper deck of a 747 on a positioning flight from SFO to LAX. The flight attendant sat down with a bottle of wine and we chatted for the duration of the flight. I drank, she didn't! Working or not, every flight is fun and I feel lucky we live in a time when we can go all around the planet and see our globe from above. All the best for your next adventures.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.