Pulling the Plug: Final Thoughts

Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RIP-PSA
7) Never check a bag at ORD.
Loved the mini memoir, I very much enjoyed the perspective.

Can you just clarify one thing? How do you really feel about checking bags at ORD, you weren't entirely clear.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Wow. Never seen an aurora.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
When I watch the 1968 Steve McQueen film "Bullitt," which was partially filmed at SFO, the climactic chase runs past a PSA Boeing 727.

It has a pre-smile paint job, but close enough to make me sniffle.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
That New Years story made my day. NYE is my birthday and I would kill for an experience like that!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:57 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Fantastic stories.
I totally believe the AF behavior - charging 100 Euros at all costs and lowering price by 100
US Air was a bit better for us, but we feel the real US air now when we fly AA
And Air India - priceless!

Last edited by ffI; Nov 27, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
What a great inventory of the wonders of travel - good & bad!

Maybe a decade ago I hit 2 million miles on a JFK-MEX flight, and before I boarded I was feted with a bottle of wine and other goodies, presented by the station manager, pilot in command and DL customer service rep.
Feel thankful. I hit 2MM on ATL-ICN as a 360 and literally nada. As always,YMMV. Cheers, enjoy retirement.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Fabulous! I loved it when I "retired" from corporate travel. Like you, now it's just for me. All the best to you!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Great post. Best wishes for a happy retirement!!!
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
You never know how people get the flying bug, but I've never lost the joy of watching the world pass a few miles below. People who close the window shades so that they can watch a one-star direct-to-video movie on a 6-inch seat-back screen are missing a great show outside the window.
Sadly we are often scolded by other passengers or even the flight crew to close the shade so others can watch their movie or electronic device.

David
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Some great stories here. While I’ve traveled a bit on someone else’s dime, I never was a road warrior like many of you, except for a year back and forth to NYC. I did learn (the hard way) never to check a bag on a flight to ORD. One hour and fifteen minutes after landing, my bag finally made it to the baggage belt.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by audidudi
The more common word is disembark of courseto disbark is a verb meaning to strip of bark from a tree!
I think stripping the bark from a tree is debark, actually. Unless its done by a dog maybe.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Thank you for sharing.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta FO and others...
Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing! Terrific memories of global flying over the years! Congratulations on your retirement!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 7:21 am

Youre too good at this. Dont pull the plug.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: United Platinum,1M miler; Alaska OneWorld Sapphire
I love your stories, but I don't share your love of PSA. My wife and I were flying with our 1yo twins RT EUG-ONT on PSA 34 years ago. PSA canceled our flights in both directions stranding us in the airport for 4 hours outbound and 8 hours inbound. In those days it was impossible to purchase a diaper in ONT. I never flew on PSA or any of its successor airlines again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.