Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Charging more for the same flight with longer layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charging more for the same flight with longer layover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold member/Delta Skymiles
deleted

Last edited by MChang1; Jul 16, 2022 at 8:33 am
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA EXP, WN Companion Pass, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, National VIP
I assume the routing isn't through the same connecting airport. If so, that would impact the fare along with things like seat availability.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:30 am

It's not "the same flight" if you're looking at different layover lengths. There may be less inventory on one of the segments with the longer layover, you absolutely cannot just take a single datapoint and conclude "they're doing this on purpose just to screw me over" give us a break.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM
If it is the same connecting point for both options, then it is likely married segment logic availability. This has been around for a long time and not uncommon. You can try calling res, but breaking married segment logic is almost impossible.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:32 am

you realize that if you book the shorter yet legal connection and you misconnect that they don't just leave you stranded at your connection point, right? they'll put you on the next flight. And that you're probably still like 90% or greater to make the 1:15 connection.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has the OP looked at fare class availability for the individual segments as well as for the through journey? If one of the segments is more full, it's not surprising that tickets using this flight would cost more.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
you realize that if you book the shorter yet legal connection and you misconnect that they don't just leave you stranded at your connection point, right? they'll put you on the next flight. And that you're probably still like 90% or greater to make the 1:15 connection.
If there is a seat still available.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
If there is a seat still available.
sure, but as a DM (which this poster in question is), my success rate when standing by for oversold/overbooked flights is 100% (and I do it a lot). It's obviously not guaranteed, but nothing is, and the chances of success are way, way better than most people assume in these cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.