Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club guest pass question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Sky Club guest pass question

I'll be traveling in a party of 4 later this year on 2 PNRs (due to the use of Amex companion passes) and have a couple of questions about Sky Club access. I have the Delta Reserve Amex and several unused Sky Club guest passes from my Reserve. Another member of the party on the other PNR has the Delta Platinum Amex.
  1. Will there be any issues with me bringing in 2 guests since one of them will be on a different PNR? Based on Delta's Sky Club access page, I don't think that should be an issue but I'd appreciate any experiences since every time I've used the guest access benefit everyone has been on the same PNR.
  2. Since the two individuals that don't have Delta Amex cards will consume my two guest allotment, is it possible to use one of my guest passes to "pay" for the person entering with their Delta Platinum Amex? This will be at LGA in case it makes a difference since I know some clubs have the self-service entry kiosks now.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Interesting question. I don't think PNR matters - having a Delta boarding pass does (and everyone in your party will have one). This passage suggests that any cardmember can only use two guest passes per visit. The individual with the Delta Platinum Card may have to pay the $39 fee associated with that card, and you can use your two guest passes for the travelers with no credit card.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...miles-reserve/

Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes

Upon account opening and each year upon account renewal, a Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic Card Member will be issued two one-time guest passes for complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club. The one-time guest passes will be available to view in the Card Member's Wallet in the Fly Delta app and in My Profile on delta.com under Certificates, eCredits, and Vouchers. Please allow up to 72 hours for deposit. On rare occasions (for example, when the name on your SkyMiles account doesn't match the name on your Amex account), the timing of the deposit could be delayed. The one-time guest passes expire within one (1) year from the date of issuance. If your account anniversary month changes for any reason (for example, due to a card replacement), your passes will be issued within your new renewal month. To redeem, the Card Member must present his or her valid Card, same-day Delta or Delta partner boarding pass, and government-issued I.D. to the Delta Sky Club ambassador. The Basic Card Member must be present in order to use the one-time guest passes and all eligibility rules of the Delta Sky Club benefit apply. The guests must be traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The Card Member may only use two one-time guest passes per Delta Sky Club visit. One-time guest passes are non-transferable, cannot be assigned or sold, and have no cash value. Benefit valid only at Delta Sky Clubs. Partner lounges are not included. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Benefit and rules subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
RobertF14 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:12 pm

PNR doesn't matter at all for any guest. There are some rules around the guest needing to be on a delta flight (or skyteam/partner (this may vary a bit depending on exactly how you're accessing the club)), but in general they don't need to be on the same flight with you much less the same PNR.

I don't really understand the 2nd question, if they're accessing the club with their Amex then why would you need to use a guest pass for them?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The second question is about whether the OP can use a third SC guest pass at the same time for the (third) person traveling at the same time who *can* access the SC using his/her own DL AmEx Plat credit card for a charge of $39. The idea would be to try to substitute a third SC guest pass for the $39 fee. The rules quoted above suggest that this should not work but YMMV.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Just went to a skyclub on Friday with 2 guests, 2 separate PNRs, all they did was scan my boarding pass and apply the 2 guest passes. Didn't even ask for my guest boarding passes or their names, so they could have been flying on a different airline (even though they weren't).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by hi55us
Just went to a skyclub on Friday with 2 guests, 2 separate PNRs, all they did was scan my boarding pass and apply the 2 guest passes. Didn't even ask for my guest boarding passes or their names, so they could have been flying on a different airline (even though they weren't).
depends on the agent… I’ve had guests both asked and not asked for their BP when using a guest pass
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
The question is can the OP use three guest passes when the terms suggest OP can only use two. It probably depends on the agent. If the OP can only use two guest passes, the passenger with the Delta Platinum card will have to pay a $39 fee.

I have never attempted to guest more than one person into a SkyClub, so I am actually not sure how strict Delta is on guest limits in general
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think most agents are strict about enforcing the two guests policy even if you have multiple ways to access the SC and each way permits two guests. This wasn't so much the case when SCs were less crowded.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
I've been able to use a SC Guest pass and then purchase (2) additional $39 guest passes at LAX within the past (30) days. The club was not crowded and a simple, polite request along with an acknowledgment of the Sky club rules was enough to get the desired result. A full Sky Club and a less than approachable desk agent (gate keeper) may cause less than desirable results.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I have a slightly different situation: I canceled my Reserve card but still have some old (but valid) guest passes. Can I use those myself without the card? Anybody have experience with that?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by drminn
I have a slightly different situation: I canceled my Reserve card but still have some old (but valid) guest passes. Can I use those myself without the card? Anybody have experience with that?
by the book, no, this is not a valid way to use them. You can't be your own guest, and even if you could the guest has to be accompanying someone with a valid method of access, which you don't have.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. I never thought to check the Amex terms instead of just Delta's info. This definitely sounds like a case where it won't hurt to ask nicely about using a third guest pass, but do so expecting the answer to be 'no'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.