Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL says I was not on a flight that I was definitely on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL says I was not on a flight that I was definitely on

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
how you can get your hands on these records or persuade DL to look them up, I dunno.
I don't know for certain, but since the confirmation number you get when purchasing wi-fi (and I did purchase it during the flight) is a 006 number, it seems like an internal thing they'd have easy enough access to? Dunno...we'll see.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord
I don't know for certain, but since the confirmation number you get when purchasing wi-fi (and I did purchase it during the flight) is a 006 number, it seems like an internal thing they'd have easy enough access to? Dunno...we'll see.
Oh, could be -- I was thinking that, in a situation where someone signed on to an existing monthly subscription, then they might have to get them to dig through the logs.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
It's happened to me before. When I emailed DL for mileage credit that hadn't posted, they replied with an admonishment to "scan my boarding pass properly when boarding"... Ummm. I did.
LOL what? It is not on the passenger to make sure this happens properly. There is someone who gets paid to make sure it does and that is the GA (who also is charged with making sure the manifest is accurate).

I am still waiting on 2 AF segments to post. Initial request was denied as "this trip posted to you account" (outbound, yes, but not return). On second try sent in a copy of the electronic boarding passes of the missing segments (yay for the AF app for keeping those), but have heard zilch in 5 weeks (it's only 1,000MQM and maybe $150 MQD, but every bit counts when chasing DM).
aroundtheworld76 likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I find it interesting that many of you think the manifest is this sacred cow. As ideal as it might be to be perfect, discrepancies happen every day. And yes, it has occurred where it happens when tragedy occurs. Sometimes the death count moves up or down on a fatal incident because the manifest was wrong.

Back to the parent point, it has happened to me. And there isn't really anything you can do to prove it. But as someone suggested refund (or dollar credit) or mileage credit. They will give the mileage credit. To the person that said this is why they print a boarding pass....that still proves absolutely nothing.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:59 am

I doubt they'd accept it, but your google or apple maps timeline info would potentially show that you were in one city then a few hours later in the other city. Although if it's internationaly and you didn't turn the phone on at the other location then maybe not.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by cardsqc
I doubt they'd accept it, but your google or apple maps timeline info would potentially show that you were in one city then a few hours later in the other city. Although if it's internationaly and you didn't turn the phone on at the other location then maybe not.
Or if you're at a window seat, even airborne GPS coords and you can take photos too, unless you're on a 787 which DL doesn't have.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Gold
Well, almost three months later, and I have a resolution: DL called this morning and they posted the missing flight. I had e-mailed and sent in my ticket info, wifi confirmation number from my in-flight purchase, and noted I had checked in to the SkyClub that morning. No idea if that additional information helped, but they apologized and the flight has posted.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. It's only 180 MQDs, but this cheap-a$$ Diamond just made it by fewer than 50 MQDs a few years ago, so it matters

EDIT: And after I posted this originally, I saw that they deposited 5000 miles as a courtesy. Lovely!

Last edited by CaptainEasychord; Aug 4, 2022 at 9:22 am
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Thanks for following up. It's always nice to see a resolution.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord
Well, almost three months later, and I have a resolution: DL called this morning and they posted the missing flight. I had e-mailed and sent in my ticket info, wifi confirmation number from my in-flight purchase, and noted I had checked in to the SkyClub that morning. No idea if that additional information helped, but they apologized and the flight has posted.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. It's only 180 MQDs, but this cheap-a$$ Diamond just made it by fewer than 50 MQDs a few years ago, so it matters

EDIT: And after I posted this originally, I saw that they deposited 5000 miles as a courtesy. Lovely!
Good to hear! Coincidentally I also submitted a complaint on 5/10 and just got a (unsatisfactory) response today. So if anyone has logged a complaint recently, it looks like they are still back in the early May portion of the backlog. Doesn't bode well for anyone that was caught up in the other meltdowns this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.