Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hobson's Choice: Trust or Distrust Diamond Line CSR on Earning Scheme

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich

I want to preface this by noting that, for whatever reason, I've been getting the B & C team CSRs via chat and the Diamond line this week; I'm struggling to articulate how inconsistent and incompetent every rep I've spoken with in the last 48 hours, and that includes 2 "supervisors", who also dropped the ball. Has anyone else noticed an atrocious level of support and/or competency as of late? 14 calls, 4 chats, all one 006 ticket needing globals applied...

Anyhow, since I've basically last faith in every single Delta rep, I'm struggling with whether or not I should accept an obscurity a representative shared with me and would greatly appreciate advice or insight if anyone else has been in the same situation:

- Purchased MSP-AMS-MSP, KL-operated and marketed, issued on 074 stock, bottom half of the main cabin fare buckets. (KL-ticketed had superior earnings) Checked before booking and confirmed Upgrades Inventory available in Z.
- Multiple CSRs later, the upgrades are applied and the ticket is successfully re-issued.
- Ticket shows Z-class, but now showing as 006 stock after re-issue.
- I start explaining to the phone CSR that I intentionally ticketed it on a partner so that I could earn MQM/MQD/RDM based on distance flown, but he tells me what he's showing that my ticket will be earning the amount of MQM/MQD/RDM that I was expecting for 074-ticket.

Is he right? It feels wrong, making me uncomfortable and I only have until tonight to push back/try and rectify the issue, so I've come to the High Flyertalk Council for guidance.

Cheers
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
As long as the flight has a KLM flight number, you should still earn based on mileage. The ticket stock should have nothing to do with it.

If they reissued it to have a DL code, it will earn based on spend.
El Boocho, VFR and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agents are largely useless when it comes to advice on most aspects of FF program such benefits and earnings. DL stopped using ticketing carrier as a factor in earnings several years ago and now exclusively uses marketing carrier. Technically, GUC upgraded flights are supposed to earn based on original booking class. But since upgrades on KL book into a revenue class instead of a dedicated upgrade booking class (OY on DL coded flights), I believe they will generally credit as if they are revenue KL Z fares.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 14, 2022 at 3:59 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
I want to preface this by noting that, for whatever reason, I've been getting the B & C team CSRs via chat and the Diamond line this week; I'm struggling to articulate how inconsistent and incompetent every rep I've spoken with in the last 48 hours, and that includes 2 "supervisors", who also dropped the ball. Has anyone else noticed an atrocious level of support and/or competency as of late? 14 calls, 4 chats, all one 006 ticket needing globals applied...

Anyhow, since I've basically last faith in every single Delta rep, I'm struggling with whether or not I should accept an obscurity a representative shared with me and would greatly appreciate advice or insight if anyone else has been in the same situation:

- Purchased MSP-AMS-MSP, KL-operated and marketed, issued on 074 stock, bottom half of the main cabin fare buckets. (KL-ticketed had superior earnings) Checked before booking and confirmed Upgrades Inventory available in Z.
- Multiple CSRs later, the upgrades are applied and the ticket is successfully re-issued.
- Ticket shows Z-class, but now showing as 006 stock after re-issue.
- I start explaining to the phone CSR that I intentionally ticketed it on a partner so that I could earn MQM/MQD/RDM based on distance flown, but he tells me what he's showing that my ticket will be earning the amount of MQM/MQD/RDM that I was expecting for 074-ticket.

Is he right? It feels wrong, making me uncomfortable and I only have until tonight to push back/try and rectify the issue, so I've come to the High Flyertalk Council for guidance.

Cheers
Ticket stock has zero to do with earnings. Only marketing matters. Even if you had bought from DL, with DL marketing,, since KL operated you would've then had KL marketed flight numbers.. GUC require the flight number change to operating carrier once upgraded). For example a KL marketed, DL operated flight would be rebooked as the DL flight number once upgraded.
WillBarrett_68 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:07 pm

Deleted

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Apr 15, 2022 at 4:48 am
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Did someone at Delta's "international desk" get involved with this? If not, you should call back and ask to speak to someone at the international desk to make sure the ticketing was accurate.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you primarily concerned about earning lots of MQDs based on distance? MQMs on close partners generally don't differ much unless it's an obscure difference in fare class bonuses, IIRC such as some PE fares earning more than 100% but less than 150%. [There are also differences in whether award tickets are eligible to earn anything, but this doesn't seem to be the case of an award ticket, just a normal coach fare and a GUC upgrade to business class.]
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
Did someone at Delta's "international desk" get involved with this? If not, you should call back and ask to speak to someone at the international desk to make sure the ticketing was accurate.
All have to do, look at ticket (click recipet) verify all flight numbers are KL and Z is fare class. If that's the case, ticket was reissued correctly. No need to waste time waiting on hold. The issue with GUC is generally with waitlists, which can only be be done for DL operated flights. As OP has only KL operated segments, even if they hadn't all cleared the upgrade, no waitlist would be possible.
WillBarrett_68 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:35 pm

Worst case for OP, he can always claim original routing credit which would give him the credit he originally paid for. But as noted, this won't be necessary since the ticket, even though it's on 006 stock (it would have to be, since DL is the one... issuing the ticket) will be on KL flight numbers.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you primarily concerned about earning lots of MQDs based on distance? MQMs on close partners generally don't differ much unless it's an obscure difference in fare class bonuses, IIRC such as some PE fares earning more than 100% but less than 150%. [There are also differences in whether award tickets are eligible to earn anything, but this doesn't seem to be the case of an award ticket, just a normal coach fare and a GUC upgrade to business class.]
Nope. Just a front line “diamond line” CSR. And yes, it’s the MQDs that I find myself concerned with… Thanks to 2 years of non-expiring MQMs, I’m about to cross the 500K MQM threshold for this qualification year 😂

Showing as all KL flight numbers, Z-class.

I had no idea ticket stock didn’t matter anymore. Thank you to each and everyone of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.