Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Well… the 5A/B pod we were in had completely dead seats. We were fully upright the entire flight, so I’ll never know (and I was dead tired and looking forward to sleeping).

In the fully upright position, these were literally the most UNconfortable (painful) seats I have experienced on a plane… or at least that I can remember.
I take back what I said earlier, 2 of 5 stars is generous for a broken lay flat seat. That is my biggest fear any time I fly a 763 or A330 with the older D1 seats.
TheHorta and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by rylan
I hope you'll be submitting a complaint to DL about this. The lay flat seat is the majority of the reason for booking D1... not having it functional at all defeats the purpose of booking or sitting there as you unfortunately experienced. I'd be expecting some serious compensation for a broken seat, especially two.
The Purser did her FPOC thing and deluged 10,000 SMs into our accounts.

I think that gets me 5% of a D1 TATL ticket.

Christmas came early this year!

/sarc
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
I do not understand the obsession with all aisle access. These seats literally have the most space and are the most comfortable for sleeping as they do not have those tiny footwells.

I'd gladly give up aisle access to have a comfortable sleeping position
Especially as a taller person, I agree 100%. I want that wider footwell, and I can step over whoever is sleeping next to me. So I choose the window seat and no one seems to mind me taking a large step over them while they're sleeping. These have much more room than the 767s that Delta uses transcon.

I actually liked the LOT flight I took this summer a . . . lot. Food was terrible but the space at the seat was great. 787 without aisle access from every seat.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I didn’t book it, so I didn’t see the map.

I didn’t know DL had different cabins in the 359.

Ever learning.
They will be refit to match the rest of the fleet, don't know when.

https://www.aircraftinteriorsinterna...retrofits.html

Will be sad for me, as I love these seats when I can snag a domestic widebody flight!

David
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold

/sarc
I hope you're writing in for better compensation. 10k miles is a courtesy gesture but not close to value lost on a paid D1 ticket for a 6-7 hour flight.
DiverDave, rylan and TheHorta like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
I hope you're writing in for better compensation. 10k miles is a courtesy gesture but not close to value lost on a paid D1 ticket for a 6-7 hour flight.
Agreed. Those miles are $100 value - nowhere near enough for broken/inop seat. I wonder if the AVOD even worked or was that out too?

Odds are there were open seats that non-revs got upgraded to at the gate as well... if that was the case, you should've been moved to one of those seats and the nrsa put in the broken seats.
DiverDave and TheHorta like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Flew one of these on the LAX-AKL-LAX flights over spring break couple of weeks back. Best sleep I have ever had on an airplane because there wasnt that stupid enclosed space restricting my feet which would cause me to wake up anytime I wanted to shift my position.

I am a fan!

And great use of a GUC to upgrade from Main Cabin to D1.
dtwtransport likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Flew one of these on the LAX-AKL-LAX flights over spring break couple of weeks back. Best sleep I have ever had on an airplane because there wasnt that stupid enclosed space restricting my feet which would cause me to wake up anytime I wanted to shift my position.

I am a fan!

And great use of a GUC to upgrade from Main Cabin to D1.
We're flying it to Madrid in August and I'm looking forward to it. There's 2 of us and we have the center seats so we'll get aisle access and me being 6'2 I'll appreciate the no foot well.
josephstern likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

/sarc
I had a similar issue with DL last year. Customer care refused to give any higher compensation than 20,000 sky pesos (more like Argentinian pesos these days). Opened a dispute with AMEX under false product advertising, i.e., I paid for a flat bed that couldn't actually recline and thus never achieved 180 degrees. DL fought it, but in the end AMEX sided with me and withdrew 84% of my fare from DL. Stuck it to DL but goooood. haha
hockeystl likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I am looking at either this A350 or Suites for an upcoming flight LAX-ATL. Initially I was going to grab the Suites but I have my Mom with me and was thinking maybe the 2-2-2 would actually be nice and she would likely prefer to sit right next to me. It also eminates stepping over a stranger although these look so spacious that maybe that isnt even an issue.

I happen to think the DL Suites are very overrated as those Thompson seats Imo are horrible. I cant stand how there is no actual bench or footwell to rest your feet and you just dangle them on the ground basically. The way the seat just lowers but doesnt recline is so annoying too. Nvm the total lack of storage.

Anyways I have 2 questions about these LATAM seats:

1) Is there a foot rest so if one (my Mom) cant reach the ottoman she can have a place to rest her feet

2) Does the seat back actually do a proper recline like Polairs, AA 77W & most all seats out there or does it do the same just lower and slide up how the Suites do?

I am thinking of actually choosing this flight. Would mean not having to get up as crazy early to catch the morning Suites flight but would also mean traffic on the 405. But all that aside these seats look comfy actually.

Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
I have an upcoming LAX-AKL. Winter flight . I read Delta is changing from A350-9 Delta One Suites to LATAM 350 Business Class (1-2-1 to 2-2-2) 14 hours of sitting/sleeping on aircraft still under revamp to adapt former First Class upfront area of Latam with non booking or use economy seats. An absolute downgrade for what we paid and expected. Delta One ?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I am looking at either this A350 or Suites for an upcoming flight LAX-ATL. Initially I was going to grab the Suites but I have my Mom with me and was thinking maybe the 2-2-2 would actually be nice and she would likely prefer to sit right next to me. It also eminates stepping over a stranger although these look so spacious that maybe that isnt even an issue.

I happen to think the DL Suites are very overrated as those Thompson seats Imo are horrible. I cant stand how there is no actual bench or footwell to rest your feet and you just dangle them on the ground basically. The way the seat just lowers but doesnt recline is so annoying too. Nvm the total lack of storage.

Anyways I have 2 questions about these LATAM seats:

1) Is there a foot rest so if one (my Mom) cant reach the ottoman she can have a place to rest her feet

2) Does the seat back actually do a proper recline like Polairs, AA 77W & most all seats out there or does it do the same just lower and slide up how the Suites do?

I am thinking of actually choosing this flight. Would mean not having to get up as crazy early to catch the morning Suites flight but would also mean traffic on the 405. But all that aside these seats look comfy actually.

Thank you.
You’re right—one advantage is that you are actually within chatting distance of your companion without any barrier. The seats also are a little wider than other DeltaOne seats, and that plus absence of a footwell makes it quite comfortable to sleep in.

You probably can’t reach the ottoman unless you are at least 6 feet tall. There are extending footrests, but they are quite short and didn’t extend up fully unless you were in a bit of a reclined position. This made the “lounging” position a bit awkward, as I couldn’t reach the ottoman without reclining more than I’d have liked to.

The bottom of the seat will move forward as you recline, as the “back” of the seat is a hard back.
NoleATL likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
You’re right—one advantage is that you are actually within chatting distance of your companion without any barrier. The seats also are a little wider than other DeltaOne seats, and that plus absence of a footwell makes it quite comfortable to sleep in.

You probably can’t reach the ottoman unless you are at least 6 feet tall. There are extending footrests, but they are quite short and didn’t extend up fully unless you were in a bit of a reclined position. This made the “lounging” position a bit awkward, as I couldn’t reach the ottoman without reclining more than I’d have liked to.

The bottom of the seat will move forward as you recline, as the “back” of the seat is a hard back.
Thanks for the info. That last line is what I dont get about these DL seats. On AA and UA I can recline the back. Huge diff, to me at least, just being lowered & slid forward Vs. a true natural recline from the back.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
I have an upcoming LAX-AKL. Winter flight . I read Delta is changing from A350-9 Delta One Suites to LATAM 350 Business Class (1-2-1 to 2-2-2) 14 hours of sitting/sleeping on aircraft still under revamp to adapt former First Class upfront area of Latam with non booking or use economy seats. An absolute downgrade for what we paid and expected. Delta One ?
Was wifi at least installed yet?
Old May 11, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and Two Million Miler, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by biznustime
Was wifi at least installed yet?
I was on an ex-LATAM A359 from LAX to ATL several weeks ago and it did have wifi on it. That’s at least something.

Does anyone have any updates on the refit of the planes? It’s been quite some time now. Bad look for Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.