Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TheHorta
What to do:

I have an absurd number of vouchers, RUCs/GUCs, credits, and DLAXR/DLAXP companion certs clogging up my wallet. 11 companion certs, 9 RUCs, 6 GUCs, and about a bajillion drink and SC companion vouchers. I’ll never use most of them, but losing them seems almost tragic.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but figured I’d consult the Lounge Lizards for some input. I assume the AX companion certs are the most valuable.

My wife, who is also a DM, has a similar problem, thought not to the extent I do.
For the SC companion vouchers, consider hosting in LoungeConnect when you travel. I always try to offer my Priority Pass +1 when there is an opportunity; I've only done it once.

As for the others... see if your friends and family can use them I suppose. This past month my Facebook has been awash in people sharing drink vouchers before they expired. I have three or four drink vouchers... but they are very old (though they do not seem to expire). I keep meaning to email the Delta Museum to see if they want them.

Can you use companion certificates to purchase an extra (empty) seat? Seems like you have enough upgrade certificates that it may not even be necessary, but just a thought.

-J.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
What to do:

I have an absurd number of vouchers, RUCs/GUCs, credits, and DLAXR/DLAXP companion certs clogging up my wallet. 11 companion certs, 9 RUCs, 6 GUCs, and about a bajillion drink and SC companion vouchers. I’ll never use most of them, but losing them seems almost tragic.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but figured I’d consult the Lounge Lizards for some input. I assume the AX companion certs are the most valuable.

My wife, who is also a DM, has a similar problem, thought not to the extent I do.
I agree with your assessment that the AMEX Reserve Certs are the most valuable since they can be used by anyone and don't need the Certificate holder to be on the reservation.

We 'efffectively' give our unused AMEX Certs to employees or friends. 'Selling them' is obviously prohibited but we believe that reimbursement by an employee or friend wouldn't pose a problem if questioned.

We've also, on occasion, used RUCs for friends who we're travelling with.

Credits shouldn't be a problem as long as you remember to use them.
​​​​​​​
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I agree with your assessment that the AMEX Reserve Certs are the most valuable since they can be used by anyone and don't need the Certificate holder to be on the reservation.

We 'efffectively' give our unused AMEX Certs to employees or friends. 'Selling them' is obviously prohibited but we believe that reimbursement by an employee or friend wouldn't pose a problem if questioned.

We've also, on occasion, used RUCs for friends who we're travelling with.

Credits shouldn't be a problem as long as you remember to use them.
We’d be happy just to have them used rather than expire. Not looking for anything on our end. At least the AXP certs, bare minimum.

Not a biggie, but we also have over a dozen beverage vouchers expiring today.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
We’d be happy just to have them used rather than expire. Not looking for anything on our end. At least the AXP certs, bare minimum.

Not a biggie, but we also have over a dozen beverage vouchers expiring today.
If they were good through the weekend I'd take them off your hands
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I did not think I was going to find someone with a pulse in the car, let alone without a scratch. She was very lucky and that G-Wagon saved her life.
Modern cars are designed to save a lot of lives. Tragically the highway death count is still going up due to bad and reckless driving.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Can you use companion certificates to purchase an extra (empty) seat? Seems like you have enough upgrade certificates that it may not even be necessary, but just a thought.
Apparently the answer is yes, this can and has been done. I have six companion certificates, but they are all good for a year.

David
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I really need to book my flights for Costa Rica.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NAG NAG NAG: If anyone here in the lounge hasn't yet picked choice benefits, go away from FT and do it immediately for the choices that expire today. DO NOT ASSUME that you will be able to do this until midnight in whatever time zone.
DiverDave and navi_jen like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
After spending the weekend watching the (lackluster) snowstorm and football games (very good, even with no dog in the fight), I'm venturing out to the store.
I asked TheGent what he wanted for dinner. He said, "Surprise me!" Well I wonder if this will be surprise enough. Hmm... Whale flavor... that's new.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
let us know how that works out please
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Horse meat... whale flavored... in a can... there is a lot to unpack here

-J.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
There is a lot happening in that photo. I also can't tell if they're saying that is where Disney executives shop or that you can buy a Disney executive.
LadyWrites likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is a lot happening in that photo. I also can't tell if they're saying that is where Disney executives shop or that you can buy a Disney executive.
Disney executives tend to be expensive, in large part because people pay for affiliation with the brand like they pay up for Delta over Spirit even when the total cost of using DL exceeds the cost of using Spirit for the trip.

Disney Shops too aren't going to pass for a Dollar Store, even as the Disney shops like to charge a premium like DL does. Paying for the experience whether shopping for a Disney executive or where high-paid Disney executives shop.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:19 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
After spending the weekend watching the (lackluster) snowstorm and football games (very good, even with no dog in the fight), I'm venturing out to the store.
I asked TheGent what he wanted for dinner. He said, "Surprise me!" Well I wonder if this will be surprise enough. Hmm... Whale flavor... that's new.
Do let us know how that is.
Executives?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Executives?
Read the text from the ad

ETA: I can't read

Last edited by wakesetter93; Jan 31, 2022 at 12:41 pm
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Read the text from the ad
It says exclusives

But I too read it as executives at first.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.