Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a 2-2-2 C+ 767-300?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhdl
I thought DL had stopped offering fixed-price (but tightly capacity-controlled) mile upgrades domestically in favor of $0.01/per mile variable-price FCM offers.
I thought that too, but recently found out they still have them but you have to call in and you have to be in a high fare class (for instance my S fare JFK-FCO I would have to pay $700 to upgrade to a higher fare bucket and then 60,000 miles if it upgraded to go to D1 from C+).
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I went ahead and burned it. I guess I could always pull it back if I get closer and a lot is open. I told the rep the fact that it's available in advance makes me feel like I'm wasting the RUC but it seems like a high demand route and she said she was honestly surprised it would be available in advance on that flight.
I've had this same though about the RUCs but usually end up burning them on these kinds of 5-6 hour transcon flights, for a couple reasons:

1. RUCs expire. Use them or lose them! Sure, MAYBE I'll take another longer flight later in the year, but what if I don't? Then I'm stuck using it on something stupid like SLC-SEA or MSP-ORD, or, even worse, not using them at all.
2. I have no idea what UG lists will look like within a few days of the flight. Yes, there are tons of empty FC/D1 seats NOW, but with FCM and likely glut of PM/DMs at the moment, those seats can disappear in a hurry.
3. This is exactly why I select RUCs in the first place, to use on a 5+ hour flight, preferably in a lie-flat seat. May as well get my "money's" worth!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
I've had this same though about the RUCs but usually end up burning them on these kinds of 5-6 hour transcon flights, for a couple reasons:

1. RUCs expire. Use them or lose them! Sure, MAYBE I'll take another longer flight later in the year, but what if I don't? Then I'm stuck using it on something stupid like SLC-SEA or MSP-ORD, or, even worse, not using them at all.
2. I have no idea what UG lists will look like within a few days of the flight. Yes, there are tons of empty FC/D1 seats NOW, but with FCM and likely glut of PM/DMs at the moment, those seats can disappear in a hurry.
3. This is exactly why I select RUCs in the first place, to use on a 5+ hour flight, preferably in a lie-flat seat. May as well get my "money's" worth!
These are good points, but I live to leave, so I know at the very least I will be going to SFO at least once and I could see myself going to HNL if I had lie flat. I think SFO is an easy status upgrade though. I don't think there are any other lie flats worth doing that a RUC can be used for. If I got like 8 RUCs a year it would be a no brainer, but burning through half of them on a single flight (wife + me) stings a bit lol.

It just hit me though, I'll get RUCs again when I hit the MQD waiver in 2022.
Daitheflu84 and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I thought that too, but recently found out they still have them but you have to call in and you have to be in a high fare class (for instance my S fare JFK-FCO I would have to pay $700 to upgrade to a higher fare bucket and then 60,000 miles if it upgraded to go to D1 from C+).
JFK-FCO is not domestic. As user points out above, they no longer exist on domestic routes (plus short haul international ie Northern S America where no D1 cabin is offered). TATL/TPAC/Deep S America still can be upgraded.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
JFK-FCO is not domestic. As user points out above, they no longer exist on domestic routes (plus short haul international ie Northern S America where no D1 cabin is offered). TATL/TPAC/Deep S America still can be upgraded.
i completely missed that he said domestic my bad
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL doesn't seem to indicate any part of South America is valid for MUAs at this point - https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rades-and-more

What regions are eligible:
  • For all markets, with the exception of Delta-operated flights in North America and South America, Mileage Upgrade Awards on Delta-marketed and operated flights may be used to upgrade on the following paid fare classes: Y, B, M, H, Q, or K.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Got it, thanks. Do you guys have any thoughts on if ATL to LAX on a Thurs evening or JFK to LAX on a Fri morning are a good use of RUC? It seems like tons of availability, but I don't know if those just fill in late since we're 2.5 months out right now.
I was on ATL-LAS on a 3-cabin 330. had basically the entire D1 cabin open until a week before the flight. then it just filled up completely. RUC didn't matter. there were 0 seats available on the day of. to add salt to that wound, they changed the plane within 24 hours to the 4-cabin and we lost our C+ upgrade and didn't even get into the 'preferred but c+ seats'

not really a complaint in the grand scheme of things, but definitely a ...... experience all around
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL doesn't seem to indicate any part of South America is valid for MUAs at this point - https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rades-and-more

• For all markets, with the exception of Delta-operated flights in North America and South America, Mileage Upgrade Awards on Delta-marketed and operated flights may be used to upgrade on the following paid fare classes: Y, B, M, H, Q, or K.
PreCOVID-19, I did well with mileage upgrade awards from PS to D1 on TPAC and TATL routes. Southern South America became ineligible a while ago, for no reason that I can see.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper

I was told this by a DL agent. Thus very possible not correct. Also possible website not correct. With DL never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.