Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Level of Million Miler matter for pecking order??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador

Not sure on this one.... Does one's LEVEL of Million Miler count on the upgrade list among all the tie breakers? Meaning, all other things equal, will a 2 Million Miler clear before a 1 Million Miler? Asking for a friend....
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by resolute
Not sure on this one.... Does one's LEVEL of Million Miler count on the upgrade list among all the tie breakers? Meaning, all other things equal, will a 2 Million Miler clear before a 1 Million Miler? Asking for a friend....
DL doesn't seem to indicate it matters. And as the 6th level tie-breaker, it would very, very rarely come into play even if it did matter -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL doesn't seem to indicate it matters. And as the 6th level tie-breaker, it would very, very rarely come into play even if it did matter -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades
I would NORMALLY agree.. However in some of these routes where you have a zillion Diamonds flying as it seems these days, one never knows..

Last edited by resolute; Dec 5, 2021 at 1:50 pm
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Simple answer. No.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Thanks for reposting this - I didn't realize the "qualified this year or status by extension" is so low, I thought that was part of the #1 ranking!

I doubt there's ever a case of two million milers not being already sorted based on the other criteria above.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayhem
Thanks for reposting this - I didn't realize the "qualified this year or status by extension" is so low, I thought that was part of the #1 ranking!
Not sure what you mean, it is part of the first tier of rankings, the (*) in the table.

I doubt there's ever a case of two million milers not being already sorted based on the other criteria above.
Yeah it’s probably not all that common to get down more then a few tiers on a particular flight.
jamesteroh and MasterPengs like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayhem

It can be a bit confusing at first since it's in a footnote. But, as noted above, having earned status for 2022 (as opposed to extended status) is effectively the second tie-breaker after Medallion status level for upgrades after 1/31/2022 through 2022 program year.
MasterPengs likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
It can be a bit confusing at first since it's in a footnote. But, as noted above, having earned status for 2022 (as opposed to extended status) is effectively the second tie-breaker after Medallion status level for upgrades after 1/31/2022 through 2022 program year.
Oh, correct, I misread and thought the #5 about the MQD waiver was referring to that. My bad. Ignore my post.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I hit MM a few years back. Even with Mrs BHammy (also DM) hitting the card spend, I found myself ahead of her on all upgrade scenarios.
Mrs BHammy just hit MM about 4 months ago, and while I don't have a credible historical trend built up, but the last two times we've flown together, I've still been ahead of her on the upgrade list.

At this point, I would tend to think that either higher MM gets perked, or (s)he who hit MM first may be the trump?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does DL have historical data on when people hit MM with PMNW?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does DL have historical data on when people hit MM with PMNW?
Guess there was a surge at the time of the merger when NW and DL accounts were combined. That is when I hit MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.