Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

500 mile bonus for flying through LAX until 9/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 mile bonus for flying through LAX until 9/30

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:39 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Flew through LAX on 9/18 (though I didn't see the QR code at the time). I registered via the link posted here on 9/21, and the points retroactively posted by 9/24 as part of my LAX trip as part of the bonus miles line. (It's possible they came through earlier, but I don't check my skymiles account everyday!)
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Called them - if you don't scan the QR code you don't comply and won't get the miles. Someone needs to find the magic ticket and share around! I've flown through LAX a couple times during the promotion but do not recall seeing this specific QR code, but to be fair, I wasn't looking for it either.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by ryw
Flew through LAX on 9/18 (though I didn't see the QR code at the time). I registered via the link posted here on 9/21, and the points retroactively posted by 9/24 as part of my LAX trip as part of the bonus miles line. (It's possible they came through earlier, but I don't check my skymiles account everyday!)
that is great you got them - I have flown through a few times but nothing. I phoned and they said the QR code must be scanned. It's a strange one.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Called them - if you don't scan the QR code you don't comply and won't get the miles. Someone needs to find the magic ticket and share around! I've flown through LAX a couple times during the promotion but do not recall seeing this specific QR code, but to be fair, I wasn't looking for it either.
The link posted above is literally the same link the QR code takes you too.

When I flew last week, the QR code was on a sign as you were exiting T2 (on the terminal level), right near where the security line empties out into the terminal. Just a little bit due south of where the number "1" is located on this map https://www.flylax.com/-/media/flyla...-files/t2.ashx
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:52 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I booked and flew on a last minute, one-way, award ticket to LAX on 9/21. Registered on 9/24 using the link provided and the miles posted the same day. I did not see any QR code.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
The link posted above is literally the same link the QR code takes you too.

When I flew last week, the QR code was on a sign as you were exiting T2 (on the terminal level), right near where the security line empties out into the terminal. Just a little bit due south of where the number "1" is located on this map https://www.flylax.com/-/media/flyla...-files/t2.ashx
super weird. I wonder if for me it's only going to post the bonus for flights taken after you've registered rather than go back and apply it to flights already taken? I sent a message in asking.

Last edited by T-15.01; Sep 25, 2021 at 5:02 pm Reason: .
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:20 pm

Registered for the promotion online, never scanned any QR code and received the 500 bonus miles as part of my flight posting:

DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:21 pm

Strange. I signed up yesterday with the link OP provided. I have not scanned any QR codes.

Today, i noticed 500 miles for a flight from BNA on August 29th.

But no points for a flight from Portland on September 19…

only difference I can think of is that I was in FC for the former flight.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Never scanned any QR code, but I received 500 miles twice for the two times I was in LAX in August.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I found the QR code. It was actually fairly noticeable.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Flying into LAX, the signage (photo posted above by matchbox20_is) was directly across from gate 22. Miles are showing this morning.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 9:01 am

I signed up online but yet to receive my 500 miles. Haven't flown since or been to LAX so I may never see them.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by utgypsy
Flying into LAX, the signage (photo posted above by matchbox20_is) was directly across from gate 22. Miles are showing this morning.
Interestingly, I didn’t get any bonus miles. I was on an award ticket, though. I didn’t do anything with the QR code as I assumed it was a link to the same web portal shared by the OP.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
I just registered and got this same message.
And I've not flown into, out of or through LAX in the last few months.
We'll see if any miles post to my account.
To followup on this, Delta did NOT give me any free miles.
It let me register and upon registration it said that miles are on the way.
But I did not arrive, transit or depart LAX so I was not entitled to any miles.
And I won't be by the end of this month.
So I'm glad I didn't get any.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
To followup on this, Delta did NOT give me any free miles.
It let me register and upon registration it said that miles are on the way.
But I did not arrive, transit or depart LAX so I was not entitled to any miles.
And I won't be by the end of this month.
So I'm glad I didn't get any.
haha. That's like saying you registered for sky miles but didn't step foot on a plane and were hoping to get some miles. This promo is clearly a bonus opportunity for those flying into or out of LAX. You can register all you want but the earn provision is tied to flying in or out of LAX. I'm glad you didn't get any bonus miles too.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.