Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

500 mile bonus for flying through LAX until 9/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)

So as I always do, I did search to see if this is already posted. If this is a dupe, let me or the mods know.

I would have thought this would catch my eye, but anyway here is a 500 mile bonus for flying in/out of LAX through the end of the month. Registration needed and you have to scan a QR code on signs at LAX which is kind of weird.

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...er=LAX500Miles

Also don't forget that T2 baggage claim is such a disaster, you are pretty much guaranteed the 2500 mile bonus for delayed baggage.
CO-PLAT and uanj like this.

Last edited by DiverDave; Sep 21, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm. Anyone know where the QR code is located?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Just flew into T-2 at LAX yesterday and did not see the QR codes...If anyone sees one in the wild please post.
T-15.01 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:36 pm

I logged into my account and clicked on the link the OP provided. Looks like I automatically got some miles...

Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
I logged into my account and clicked on the link the OP provided. Looks like I automatically got some miles...
I got the same resulting screen as you did (and I have not been through LAX since June), but it feels far more likely that they copy/pasted HTML code from one promo to another. OTOH you never know with Delta IT...
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Also don't forget that T2 baggage claim is such a disaster, you are pretty much guaranteed the 2500 mile bonus for delayed baggage.
I think baggage claim is MUCH better now, lately gotten them in 10 minutes...
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Just flew into T-2 at LAX yesterday and did not see the QR codes...If anyone sees one in the wild please post.
There was one near the exit of the terminal area as you walk into the headhouse. The link OP posted works. I submitted my Skymiles number via the link the day before my flight, and when the miles from the flight posted, the 500 bonus miles were wrapped into the posting.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well I flew to/from LAX earlier in the month... so will see what happens. I was able to register with the link also.
I don't recall seeing any signs/codes in the terminal.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
So as I always do, I did search to see if this is already posted. If this is a dupe, let me or the mods know.

I would have thought this would catch my eye, but anyway here is a 500 mile bonus for flying in/out of LAX through the end of the month. Registration needed and you have to scan a QR code on signs at LAX which is kind of weird.

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...er=LAX500Miles

This link sends me to a general DL customer support webpage, supporting you throughout your travels.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This link sends me to a general DL customer support webpage, supporting you throughout your travels.
Initially I received the same thing. Try logging in prior.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Well I flew to/from LAX earlier in the month... so will see what happens. I was able to register with the link also.
I don't recall seeing any signs/codes in the terminal.
nothing is going to happen. As it says on the promo page: "mileage may only be claimed via QR code"
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Really odd that you'd have to register and scan a QR code in the airport, even though DL knows that you flew to/from LAX from your account activity.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
nothing is going to happen. As it says on the promo page: "mileage may only be claimed via QR code"
Again, I've only used the link provided via someone else (not scanned via the QR code) and the miles ended up posting. I'm sure this is a YMMV situation, but something could definitely happen.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is

I just registered and got this same message.
And I've not flown into, out of or through LAX in the last few months.
We'll see if any miles post to my account.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Someone posted above that they did get miles without scanning the QR code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.