Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK Terminal 4 Rant - I miss Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Terminal 4 Rant - I miss Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:03 am

I only hit JFK when I fly intl about as often as I hit EWR. Honestly I don't like either airport for returning. The CBP there are more surly than many other airports. I don't hold CBP in high regard to begin with, but JFK and EWR take it to another level. I like airports like DEN and SLC to fly back into - they are small and the CBP seem moderately more intelligent.

The walk is god awful, but so is CDG, MUC, FRA, DXB, and even LHR can be pretty crazy. Cross terminal in LAX can always be fun too. I know the airport is pretty poorly designed when I break a sweat running between gates...........
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by ND76
I would say that I like the new A gates and the accompanying SkyClub. The only problem for me is that someone in Delta management is Cleveland-phobic, so flights to or fron CLE end up at gate A21, at the far end of the A gates (when they are not arriving at gate B55).
The A8 Sky Club is fantastic, but in general, I hate the lower-level A concourse gates, especially at the end. There are 8 gates that all occupy the same, general floor space, and every time I've been there, 3-4 of those gates have been actively boarding, simultaneously. It's a nightmare.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
I only hit JFK when I fly intl about as often as I hit EWR. Honestly I don't like either airport for returning. The CBP there are more surly than many other airports. I don't hold CBP in high regard to begin with, but JFK and EWR take it to another level. I like airports like DEN and SLC to fly back into - they are small and the CBP seem moderately more intelligent.

The walk is god awful, but so is CDG, MUC, FRA, DXB, and even LHR can be pretty crazy. Cross terminal in LAX can always be fun too. I know the airport is pretty poorly designed when I break a sweat running between gates...........
Odd. I found re-entry (both passport control and customs) to be fast, prompt, and friendly at JFK. I had no issues whatsoever. It's probably my preferred airport for re-entry.
golfr likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
The A8 Sky Club is fantastic, but in general, I hate the lower-level A concourse gates, especially at the end. There are 8 gates that all occupy the same, general floor space, and every time I've been there, 3-4 of those gates have been actively boarding, simultaneously. It's a nightmare.
Yes, it's a decent-enough-looking space, but chaotic for boarding itself. End the anti-Midwestern discrimination!
chipbennett likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I miss T2 as well even though it was an old beat up cardboard box layout... I could connect faster between T2<->T4 even with the jitney shuttle than it takes now to walk from a connection at end of the T4 A gates to past the T4 B skyclub gates.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
I miss T2 as well even though it was an old beat up cardboard box layout... I could connect faster between T2<->T4 even with the jitney shuttle than it takes now to walk from a connection at end of the T4 A gates to past the T4 B skyclub gates.
What I don't miss about T2 was the massive overcrowding, especially before the TATL departures. Gates with 30 seats to serve an entire 763, so pax had to literally sit on the floor. I'm no fan of T4 (for a thousand reasons) but there are VERY few aspects in which T2 was better.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
According to this thread, the legal minimum connection time for DL-DL domestic is 35 minutes. Connecting from A21 to B55? Not a chance. And I had a very similar connection, A21 to B40-something, that thanks to a ground stop followed by JFK taking 15 minutes to get a sky bridge operator, caused me to miss an overnight TATL flight. At the time I de-planed, I had just over 30 minutes to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.