Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL International precheck

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:58 am
Original Poster

ATL International precheck

I know this is not strictly a Delta question but I thought someone on here might have been in the terminal recently and have an answer. I have a 10 AM flight tomorrow out of the international terminal

when I was there several months ago the pre-check line was only open in the evening. As a matter fact it was one of the most chaotic places Ive been. I took the bus over to domestic just to escape

Anyone know if the pre-check line is open before 10 AM? Trying to decide where to park tomorrow
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I know this is not strictly a Delta question but I thought someone on here might have been in the terminal recently and have an answer. I have a 10 AM flight tomorrow out of the international terminal

when I was there several months ago the pre-check line was only open in the evening. As a matter fact it was one of the most chaotic places Ive been. I took the bus over to domestic just to escape

Anyone know if the pre-check line is open before 10 AM? Trying to decide where to park tomorrow
AFAIK International terminal doesn't have a Precheck line currently. They give a blue card, you keep shoes/belt on. However you still must take out laptop/etc... According to TSA agents there's just not enough demand on international side currently.

Make sure flight actually departs from there. DL international flights can depart from any terminal. It's only arrival the must occur at E/F concourses.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unless you need to leave a car parked at the airport and know you will arrive at E/F international with checked luggage, just use the main (domestic) terminal to check in and go through security. It's better to be close to MARTA, hotel shuttle buses, etc. in addition to having PreCheck.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:40 pm
pjs

When we flew to Costa Rica in May, we still went via the Domestic terminal even though our flight was out of E as we wanted to use Clear and Pre-Check. We even checked our bags on the domestic side. No problem.
volabam likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unless you need to leave a car parked at the airport and know you will arrive at E/F international with checked luggage, just use the main (domestic) terminal to check in and go through security. It's better to be close to MARTA, hotel shuttle buses, etc. in addition to having PreCheck.
Yeah thats the problem Im parking the car at the airport so if I park in domestic I have to take the shuttle when I land and I hate that shuttle bus Id rather take it tomorrow then take it when I land

Thanks everybody

Its really a shame that I knew I couldnt rely on the website to be telling me the truth. But I guess the Atlanta airport website figures what you dont know wont hurt you.

Ill just get there and see what it looks like and if its chaos again Ill get back on the bus and ride over to domestic
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:26 pm

Pre-check hours at terminal F are 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

IMO, Totally worthless as you all end up at the same document podium anyway.

Even if I have a domestic flight I still use Fast Park & Relax. Cheap, all covered bays, and easy on and off of 75.

https://www.thefastpark.com/airport-...sfield-jackson
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Pre-check hours at terminal F are 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

IMO, Totally worthless as you all end up at the same document podium anyway.

Even if I have a domestic flight I still use Fast Park & Relax. Cheap, all covered bays, and easy on and off of 75.

https://www.thefastpark.com/airport-...sfield-jackson
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Pre-check hours at terminal F are 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5:30
This isnt currently accurate. There is no active precheck lane in the morning. I know because I was there two weeks ago at 8a.

The first answer to your question was correct. You get a card and get to keep your clothing on. I did have to take my laptop out of its bag.

The lines arent long and it isnt that big of a deal.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I haven't looked to see if this is accurate lately, but it should show here if it's open or not. If I were you I'd just check this before you park

https://www.atl.com/times/
Old Aug 28, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
There is currently no precheck at the Int'l Terminal. You get a Blue card allowing you to keep your shoes on and liquids in your bag - but - laptops still must come out. But, it's extremely frustrating because you end up in the same line as every traveler and it can take quite awhile.

As an aside, flew paid 1st (no Delta One on that route) last week and checked-in just prior to 4pm on a weekday - and it was an extremely frustrating experience. SkyPriority had maybe 40 people in it, but only 4 agents. Took almost an hour to get through TSA as they only had 1 human scanner (2 bag scanners) open. I'm never doing that again. If I have to check bags I'll start on the domestic side (more agents + PreCheck + Clear) and take the shuttle or a cab/uber back to my car on return.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by dcstudent
There is currently no precheck at the Int'l Terminal. You get a Blue card allowing you to keep your shoes on and liquids in your bag - but - laptops still must come out. But, it's extremely frustrating because you end up in the same line as every traveler and it can take quite awhile.

As an aside, flew paid 1st (no Delta One on that route) last week and checked-in just prior to 4pm on a weekday - and it was an extremely frustrating experience. SkyPriority had maybe 40 people in it, but only 4 agents. Took almost an hour to get through TSA as they only had 1 human scanner (2 bag scanners) open. I'm never doing that again. If I have to check bags I'll start on the domestic side (more agents + PreCheck + Clear) and take the shuttle or a cab/uber back to my car on return.
Have any of the restaurants re-opened? We were there for a TK flight about 5 weeks ago, and not a single place open. Heading to BER in 2 weeks and want to know what to expect.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Have any of the restaurants re-opened? We were there for a TK flight about 5 weeks ago, and not a single place open. Heading to BER in 2 weeks and want to know what to expect.
PeiWei and Ecco were open - but close pretty early 8 for Ecco and 7 for PeiWei.
RetiredATLATC likes this.

Last edited by dcstudent; Aug 29, 2021 at 7:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.