Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Medallion Bag Tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
2021 Medallion Bag Tags

2021 bag tags arrived in the snail mail today. Looks like the mail man might have been hungry, took a chunk out of the envelope. Super excited to be a first time Gold Medallion member and nice to see this little att-a-boy from Delta, it is nice touch. Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.

Who else has received their 2021 tags?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cmackfb
2021 bag tags arrived in the snail mail today. Looks like the mail man might have been hungry, took a chunk out of the envelope. Super excited to be a first time Gold Medallion member and nice to see this little att-a-boy from Delta, it is nice touch. Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.

Who else has received their 2021 tags?
Congrats! I was DM all last year and it took until around September to get my 2020 tags after I emailed to ask about it. Still never got my PM tags from 2019. I don't care to put them on my luggage but would like to keep as mementos.

Haven't received my DM 2021 tags yet but nice to hear they've started sending them out.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
We got ours last week sometime (PM for me, GM for hubby).

I never put them on my checked luggage (figure the yellow SP banner is brag enough). But I DO put them on my carry-on luggage. Being in my upper 20s I have gotten several questioning agents over the years when I step into the SP Line at check-in, and a very rude agent in ICN a year ago when I was in line to board D1. I have found having the tag clearly visible on my messenger bag helps to alleviate the questioning of if I am in the proper line.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had somehow assumed that DL wouldn't be sending out brag tags this year.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I don't put any on checked luggage, but I very rarely check luggage. I have an FlyerTalk.com yellow tag and a Kryptoniium Medallion brag tag on my backpack. Both of them get comments and questions.

The main question is what the requirements for Kryptonium are. I explain that there are 5 requirements: DM, MM, Lifetime SkyClub, Nonrev and Mile High Club. That usually results in dead silence with their mouth agape.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
well its better than AA.. unless your EXP./CK... no tags for you
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:38 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by fotographer
well its better than AA.. unless your EXP./CK... no tags for you
Actually no tags for EXP any more either.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VFR
Actually no tags for EXP any more either.
your so right.. forget about that... seeing as I have a drawer full ...
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:33 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmackfb
Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.
What's wrong with Silver Medallion Bag Tags, that's what I rock on my computer bag, just to mess with anyone who thinks such things mean anything.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
What's wrong with Silver Medallion Bag Tags, that's what I rock on my computer bag, just to mess with anyone who thinks such things mean anything.
Interior decorating is the issue; gold and brass are in, silver and chrome out. All about being trendy 😂🤦‍♂️
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:26 am

I hit PM a little over a month ago and my tags came in the mail last week. Still wish they were metal.

I contemplated using my old Silver tags to mess with folks and make them think a FO got higher priority on the upgrade list than them
Monoboy likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
How do we get priority baggage delivery without putting the Gold Medallion (or higher) bag tags on the checked-in luggage?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
How do we get priority baggage delivery without putting the Gold Medallion (or higher) bag tags on the checked-in luggage?
The ticket agent should be including the yellow priority tag on the checked bags. They almost always seem to be on autopilot and forget to do so when GM or up is booked in anything less than DF. Just my experience as a former AZ operations agent, not as Delta GM.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The printed luggage tag showing the destination should also say SkyPriority. AFAIK this appears automatically since your FF number is linked to the PNR/ticket.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The printed luggage tag showing the destination should also say SkyPriority. AFAIK this appears automatically since your FF number is linked to the PNR/ticket.
^^ This. The printed tag says “PRIORITY” though I’d imagine the baggage handlers probably just look for the obvious yellow tag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.