Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Medallion Bag Tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
what would be inside that would have additional value and why would a medallion be carrying it????

I have some silk pJs Packed along with a highly desired "My pillow" for Delta long hauls.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
what would be inside that would have additional value and why would a medallion be carrying it????

Maybe a homemade Delta Medallion hat.
WillBarrett_68 and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by JSprague24
Do lowly, lowly Silvers still get tags? I've seen conflicting information; I made it in September and still haven't received them, if so.
Yes, my husband and I got ours within a month of qualifying
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Steve H.
To those of you that think having tags on your bags is bragging, I disagree. I spent a lot of money with this airline. I want the employees to know that. I don't care what fellow travelers think (most of the haters are probably just jealous anyways). As for bragging, I wonder how many of those that call them brag tags have a nice car like a Porsche or Cadillac? Is that bragging? No it isn't.
IMO, it’s only bragging when you’re gate lice with a Silver Medallion tag and tell the people in line with you how you “fly a lot”
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Might be OK to assert dominance when in the gate lice milling pen as most there don't even have medallion status.

Did you ever notice that the gate lice are the ones not flying premium but have the biggest bags to fit in the overheads?
Not wanting to divert away from the main point about bag tags, but does Southwest have gate lice? You may be onto something there... No free checked bags means overstuffed carry-ons means masses of the unwashed-without-status milling about near the cordoned off stanchions in order to board as early as possible with their carry-ons. (Or I may have read that this is the case as a result of expensive checked bag fees at the non-Southwest airlines.)
And FTR/return to regularly scheduled bag tag programming, I haven't received my bag tags, but I only achieved Platinum in December.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I've been Silver Medallion 2 years, Gold 1 year and this is my first year being Platinum and I am yet to receive a single bag tag. Am I doing something wrong, do you have to formally request them somewhere?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by bhelm
I've been Silver Medallion 2 years, Gold 1 year and this is my first year being Platinum and I am yet to receive a single bag tag. Am I doing something wrong, do you have to formally request them somewhere?
same for myself. Turns out they had my address wrong

don't expect a replacement unless it's do-it-yourself.

Your best bet is to update your address so that when you make Diamond, you have another chance
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I made PM last year after a few years being stuck at Silver due to lack of travel and didn't receive tags.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Did DL stop printing million miler status on the bag tags? I’m 2MM, but my metal tags just show as plain without anything else. I see other people with tags showing 1M or 2M etc. did they send me the wrong ones?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Did DL stop printing million miler status on the bag tags? I’m 2MM, but my metal tags just show as plain without anything else. I see other people with tags showing 1M or 2M etc. did they send me the wrong ones?
I have separate tags for each: one for Diamond with no MM info. I also got a red 1MM tag as well. They used to be combined but not anymore. I will hit 2MM by the end of 2022 so we shall see what they send.

Slightly off topic: i think many, if not all of the issues or concerns with the tags would be solved if Delta would simply put the year on each tag. That way they could be used to show current status and actually have some utility. A simple "Diamond 2022" would be easy to print. I have always wondered why they don't do that. Yes, the individual sky miles number would be nice as well, but that requires unique runs/productions. The year, however, would be pretty easy.

Stepping off of soap box gently
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m 2MM and never got anything.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:20 am

Never received any DL bag tags

Ok, so I looked for this thread and it wasn't easy.

I was GM on DL 4 years ago and PL the last 3 years and have yet to receive any bag tags, even though the Delta Medallion web page still mentions them ad a "benefit." Has anyone had success getting Delta to mail them out or is it next to impossible?? What's the best way to contact them for this issue?Does Delta even monitor this thread?
thanks!!
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by supermoto1
Ok, so I looked for this thread and it wasn't easy.

I was GM on DL 4 years ago and PL the last 3 years and have yet to receive any bag tags, even though the Delta Medallion web page still mentions them ad a "benefit." Has anyone had success getting Delta to mail them out or is it next to impossible?? What's the best way to contact them for this issue?Does Delta even monitor this thread?
thanks!!
Received my new ones last week.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FabCW
Received my new ones last week.
Same here. Hit requalification, I dunno, maybe some time in late May/early June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.