FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   2021 Medallion Bag Tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2032286-2021-medallion-bag-tags.html)

JetOutTonight Jan 11, 2021 7:04 pm

2021 Medallion Bag Tags

2021 bag tags arrived in the snail mail today. Looks like the mail man might have been hungry, took a chunk out of the envelope. Super excited to be a first time Gold Medallion member and nice to see this little att-a-boy from Delta, it is nice touch. Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.

Who else has received their 2021 tags?

rubey419 Jan 11, 2021 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by cmackfb (Post 32960621)
2021 bag tags arrived in the snail mail today. Looks like the mail man might have been hungry, took a chunk out of the envelope. Super excited to be a first time Gold Medallion member and nice to see this little att-a-boy from Delta, it is nice touch. Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.

Who else has received their 2021 tags?

Congrats! I was DM all last year and it took until around September to get my 2020 tags after I emailed to ask about it. Still never got my PM tags from 2019. I don't care to put them on my luggage but would like to keep as mementos.

Haven't received my DM 2021 tags yet but nice to hear they've started sending them out.

GagaPilot Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

We got ours last week sometime (PM for me, GM for hubby).

I never put them on my checked luggage (figure the yellow SP banner is brag enough). But I DO put them on my carry-on luggage. Being in my upper 20s I have gotten several questioning agents over the years when I step into the SP Line at check-in, and a very rude agent in ICN a year ago when I was in line to board D1. I have found having the tag clearly visible on my messenger bag helps to alleviate the questioning of if I am in the proper line.

MSPeconomist Jan 11, 2021 11:19 pm

I had somehow assumed that DL wouldn't be sending out brag tags this year.

SuperG1955 Jan 12, 2021 5:57 am

I don't put any on checked luggage, but I very rarely check luggage. I have an FlyerTalk.com yellow tag and a Kryptoniium Medallion brag tag on my backpack. Both of them get comments and questions.

The main question is what the requirements for Kryptonium are. I explain that there are 5 requirements: DM, MM, Lifetime SkyClub, Nonrev and Mile High Club. That usually results in dead silence with their mouth agape.

fotographer Jan 12, 2021 7:33 am

well its better than AA.. unless your EXP./CK... no tags for you

VFR Jan 12, 2021 7:38 am

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 32961629)
well its better than AA.. unless your EXP./CK... no tags for you

Actually no tags for EXP any more either.

fotographer Jan 13, 2021 7:19 am

Originally Posted by VFR (Post 32961645)
Actually no tags for EXP any more either.

your so right.. forget about that... seeing as I have a drawer full ...

Beckles Jan 13, 2021 7:33 am

Originally Posted by cmackfb (Post 32960621)
Now I can finally tame the sea of Silver Medallion Bag Tags.

What's wrong with Silver Medallion Bag Tags, that's what I rock on my computer bag, just to mess with anyone who thinks such things mean anything.

JetOutTonight Jan 13, 2021 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 32964597)
What's wrong with Silver Medallion Bag Tags, that's what I rock on my computer bag, just to mess with anyone who thinks such things mean anything.

Interior decorating is the issue; gold and brass are in, silver and chrome out. All about being trendy 😂🤦‍♂️

tardyturtle Jan 13, 2021 8:26 am

I hit PM a little over a month ago and my tags came in the mail last week. Still wish they were metal.

I contemplated using my old Silver tags to mess with folks and make them think a FO got higher priority on the upgrade list than them :p

SUPERTRAVEL Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am

How do we get priority baggage delivery without putting the Gold Medallion (or higher) bag tags on the checked-in luggage?

JetOutTonight Jan 13, 2021 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL (Post 32964792)
How do we get priority baggage delivery without putting the Gold Medallion (or higher) bag tags on the checked-in luggage?

The ticket agent should be including the yellow priority tag on the checked bags. They almost always seem to be on autopilot and forget to do so when GM or up is booked in anything less than DF. Just my experience as a former AZ operations agent, not as Delta GM.

MSPeconomist Jan 13, 2021 1:09 pm

The printed luggage tag showing the destination should also say SkyPriority. AFAIK this appears automatically since your FF number is linked to the PNR/ticket.

tardyturtle Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32965643)
The printed luggage tag showing the destination should also say SkyPriority. AFAIK this appears automatically since your FF number is linked to the PNR/ticket.

^^ This. The printed tag says “PRIORITY” though I’d imagine the baggage handlers probably just look for the obvious yellow tag.