Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pax punches DL FA in face

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is there any word on how badly the FA was injured? Did the woman break her nose, give her a black eye, etc.? Is she able to go back to work?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:48 am

I understand the shoe rule is actually for safety. Should you have to an emergency evacuation shies are necessary
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I understand the shoe rule is actually for safety. Should you have to an emergency evacuation shies are necessary
There was a SQ crash where some FAs died because they were wearing the sandals/slippers they wear in flight. After this incident, SQ started to require that FAs wear closed shoes for takeoff and landing. Most of them tend to wear sturdy looking black shoes with low heels.

BTW, I can't recall that I've ever seen a USA FA wearing sandals or open toe shoes. An exception would be the Japanese style shoes that the Japanese FAs wore with their kimonos in flight on the old PMNW TPAC services to/from Japan.

OTOH, the safety instructions always tell women to remove shoes with heels before using an evacuation slide.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there any word on how badly the FA was injured? Did the woman break her nose, give her a black eye, etc.? Is she able to go back to work?
I am not quite sure what happened to her. I think she will be just fine. She will get better soon. The doctor said she had to take it easy. They will fix her eyes. She will return to work for next couple weeks or so.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
I am not quite sure what happened to her. I think she will be just fine. She will get better soon. The doctor said she had to take it easy. They will fix her eyes. She will return to work for next couple weeks or so.
How do you know any of this? Do you know her? Do you work for Delta in that department? Legit questions.... how do you know how she's doing?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
How do you know any of this? Do you know her? Do you work for Delta in that department? Legit questions.... how do you know how she's doing?
I could be wrong (I’m usually right twice a day but I digress). The OP doesn’t work for Delta but might have access to confidential information through a social media group.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I could be wrong (I’m usually right twice a day but I digress). The OP doesn’t work for Delta but might have access to confidential information through a social media group.
Thanks. I was just curious how N830MH knew any of what they were saying. They were saying what the doctor said and so forth... Does this person personally know the FA that was hit in the face? Seemed like some pretty specific details if s/he doesn't know that person.... Thanks for the reply
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Thanks. I was just curious how N830MH knew any of what they were saying. They were saying what the doctor said and so forth... Does this person personally know the FA that was hit in the face? Seemed like some pretty specific details if s/he doesn't know that person.... Thanks for the reply
Actually, I just saw a video. I went on Facebook. I am social media. You probably know that I am very good investigation. When I hear the news about the airlines.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, I just saw a video. I went on Facebook. I am social media. You probably know that I am very good investigation. When I hear the news about the airlines.

In other words you don’t really have any information you’re just passing on what you’ve decided from your social media investigations.

Maybe you should not post statements as facts when all you are doing is social media diving. Gossip does not always equal the truthGossip does not always equal the truth
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:58 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks,
No surprise here. Time to lock this one up.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.