Pax punches DL FA in face

Old Oct 23, 20, 12:19 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Posts: 12,341
Pax punches DL FA in face

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...t-mia/2309648/

I hope they throw the book at the thug.
1P, cmd320, Duke787 and 2 others like this.
StayingHomeIsBetter is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 6:49 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 13,036
Assuming they went to the gate and authorities removed the pax from the flight. She should be banned from flying DL.
I notice the lack of proper face mask usage also on the pax.
rylan is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 8:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...t-mia/2309648/

I hope they throw the book at the thug.
It is a federal offense to threaten or assault a working crew member. The flight attendant has already pressed charges and the passengers will be charged accordingly.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 8:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Assuming they went to the gate and authorities removed the pax from the flight. She should be banned from flying DL.
I notice the lack of proper face mask usage also on the pax.
Once youíre found guilty and convicted for assaulting a crew member you get added to the national no fly list so these people wonít be flying again ever.
1P, Hepsaint, MSPeconomist and 4 others like this.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 1:22 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Posts: 2,970
Seat belt????

The guy refused to put his seat belt on? In this day and age? Is it their first time in an airplane? Or maybe alcohol was involved.
thebat is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 1:38 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 11,227
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Once youíre found guilty and convicted for assaulting a crew member you get added to the national no fly list so these people wonít be flying again ever.
I'm sure they'll fit in great on the Greyhound.

Reminds me of the woman (using that term pretty loosely in this case) last month that tried to leap over the GA counter because she was denied boarding for not wearing shoes. Also at MIA.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 6:49 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 476
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Reminds me of the woman (using that term pretty loosely in this case) last month that tried to leap over the GA counter because she was denied boarding for not wearing shoes. Also at MIA.
Not that I think you should board without shoes, but is that an actual policy? No shirt, no shoes, no service?
tardyturtle is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 7:12 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Posts: 28,650
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Once you’re found guilty and convicted for assaulting a crew member you get added to the national no fly list so these people won’t be flying again ever.
You are speaking quite generally and spreading inaccurate information. You have options for redress and can be removed from the no fly list.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...e-no-fly-list/
readywhenyouare is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 7:23 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: EDI/GLA
Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
You are speaking quite generally and spreading inaccurate information. You have options for redress and can be removed from the no fly list.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...e-no-fly-list/
There are options for redress with the U.S. Government however as the ACLU mentions there is no due process or hearing to clear someone's name off the No Fly List.

Also each airline has their own internal No Fly List and each business is well within its' right to refuse service to disruptive customers.

Last edited by Intl359Widget; Oct 24, 20 at 7:57 pm
Intl359Widget is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 7:37 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 11,227
Originally Posted by tardyturtle View Post
Not that I think you should board without shoes, but is that an actual policy? No shirt, no shoes, no service?
Indeed, itís actually in the CoC:

  • Dress appropriately; bare feet or offensive clothing arenít allowed.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 7:54 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Posts: 28,650
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
There are options for redress with the U.S. Government however as the ALCU mentions there is no due process or hearing to clear someone's name off the No Fly List.

Also each airline has their own internal No Fly List and each business is well within its' right to refuse service to disruptive customers.
You claimed they would never fly again. Maybe not on Delta but I don't see why every other airline would follow. Funny that the same people who are sympathetic to drunk airline pilots want to always throw the book at passengers. The former is a far more serious issue but all too often they get "rehab" and right back to the cockpit because of ALPA.
readywhenyouare is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 8:18 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: Non-Rev, SkyMiles, Global Entry
Posts: 1,117
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
Funny that the same people who are sympathetic to drunk airline pilots want to always throw the book at passengers. The former is a far more serious issue but all too often they get "rehab" and right back to the cockpit because of ALPA.
Bit off topic but interesting you mentioned that, I always wondered if those Northwest pilots who overshot MSP because they were on their laptops ever returned to the cockpit or were permanently grounded.
FlyEndeavorAir is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 8:51 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Posts: 28,650
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir View Post
Bit off topic but interesting you mentioned that, I always wondered if those Northwest pilots who overshot MSP because they were on their laptops ever returned to the cockpit or were permanently grounded.
The last I heard the FAA pulled their licenses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northw...t_188#Findings
FlyEndeavorAir likes this.
readywhenyouare is offline  
Old Oct 23, 20, 9:43 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 35,576
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
It is a federal offense to threaten or assault a working crew member. The flight attendant has already pressed charges and the passengers will be charged accordingly.
Yup, you got that right! She shouldn't be threaten or assault with a flight crew. She will be banned from airlines for life. Unacceptable!
N830MH is online now  
Old Oct 24, 20, 9:58 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,423
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
Once you’re found guilty and convicted for assaulting a crew member you get added to the national no fly list so these people won’t be flying again ever.
Good, we don't need more criminals on the skies. I feel really bad for the DL FA.
fly747first is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: