Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Who remembers the SkyDeli carts?
I do
Old May 9, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I do
Same. I remember walking down (up?) the boarding bridge to many L-1011s and grabbing a bag from the SkyDeli just before boarding.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
They used to something similar on the Delta Shuttle LGA-DCA/BOS. It usually had a bagel, cream cheese, and fruit in it.
koreanair720, AANYC1981 and DCAJen like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
I usually consumed mine during boarding. They were pretty good, a half sandwich with lunch meat, some fruit?
Old May 10, 2020, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmd320
Same. I remember walking down (up?) the boarding bridge to many L-1011s and grabbing a bag from the SkyDeli just before boarding.
Theres nothing better than walking up a jetbridge to a plane like the L1011.....my favorite plane of all time.
steve64, brc757rr and cmd320 like this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
Yes,

all cabins - sani wipe provided during boarding.

D1 - no PDB, no hot towel, no warm nuts. water bottle should be set out prior to boarding. Flight attendants should offer amenity kits by tray. Pre meal linens and beverages may be by cart or hand depending on customer count. Wine options reduced to one red and one white. Meal served on one tray similar to domestic. Snack basket should be verbally offered. Farewell chocolate delivered on pre arrival meal tray.
This is very helpful to know. Since there is just one meal (no meal before landing apparently) and there is no possibility to eat in the airport, do you think they allow customers to request two entrées for dinner service?
Old May 10, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Christefan
Delta removed all booked seat assignments from all future domestic reservations. One more reason to cancel all existing bookings when you are now at the mercy of the gate agent to receive your seats. I am 6'6" and depend on advanced seat assignments to survive coast-to-coast flights. First Delta stopped the advanced complementary upgrades into Eco+ and now they have removed all advanced seat assignments and locked down the seat charts for all domestic flights until the end of 2020. Just another way to drive away the last few customers that were willing to fly during these times...
I'm really annoyed that they suspended C+ upgrades, but at the same time are more than happy to sell you that seat. That's utter nonsense.

I could easily see this becoming a permanent change and if that happens, bye.
FLYPWM likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; May 10, 2020 at 10:48 am
Old May 10, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I'm really annoyed that they suspended C+ upgrades, but at the same time are more than happy to sell you that seat. That's utter nonsense.
100% agree! DL should not be pretending its for 'social distancing' when they'll gladly advertise and sell the C+ upgrades that they are withholding from elites.
FLYPWM and KDCAflyer like this.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
What do you think would drive an airline like DL to restore the services that have been cut (upgrades, sky club amenities, food, beverages, ...)?

They will continue to have massive profitability issues so why waste money on liquor and food etc.? It’s the least reasonable thing to spend on...

The competition is pretty much the same or worse internationally. KLM offers no more meals on flights up to 9hrs in all classes. Right now AA and UA are better in domestic FC but who knows for how long. Lounges are closed pretty much across the board.

I think I am not the only one for whom the many amenities provided in premium cabins are important. When I consider if I should start flying again I am put off by the fact that I would sit in a 767 (longhaul A350 seems to be taken out of service) with a mask for 10 hours and get a very meagre service. Followed by a layover without a lounge or terminal food options and then a domestic flight with Dasani and Cheez its to top it off.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Platinum Medallion, Ambassador Elite
How’s that Cheez-it and biscoff diet?

As the title says, how’s that biscoff and cheez-it diet going?

Although I wish they had more variety, I’m thankful that we are still flying.

Delta has been doing a fantastic job in the air. Anyone care to share experiences?

No middle seats have been nice on mainline flights. I do wonder how / if they will be able to stay in business versus a constant burn of cash.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Not trying to sound like a DYKWIA, but I was hoping as a PM in Paid F last week I would have received some sort of survey asking about my flight experience (like I normally do) and even more so something related to COVID-19 and the reduced service onboard. Crickets. Believe me, if I do, I will probably write more than the text box will allow! You would think DL would be attempting to maintain close feedback from elites that typically buy a premium cabin.
Old May 11, 2020, 2:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Not trying to sound like a DYKWIA, but I was hoping as a PM in Paid F last week I would have received some sort of survey asking about my flight experience (like I normally do) and even more so something related to COVID-19 and the reduced service onboard. Crickets. Believe me, if I do, I will probably write more than the text box will allow! You would think DL would be attempting to maintain close feedback from elites that typically buy a premium cabin.
You can always submit feedback through the contact form on the web site. They do pay attention to it and respond when warranted/requested (although there is probably a large backlog right now.) Might even be preferable, as survey results are probably aggregated for data mining purposes etc., dunno how often or how quickly they would read any freeform comments.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
100% agree! DL should not be pretending its for 'social distancing' when they'll gladly advertise and sell the C+ upgrades that they are withholding from elites.
Mrs. PWM and myself got clipped by this new policy on a schedule change! We're flying PWM-ATL-SLC-TUS in late July from PWM-ATL-PHX and were confirmed in C+ before the change. Change takes place this past Saturday and the agent and then a supervisor couldn't override without paying the seat charge. This is so wrong. If they're going to pause upgrades then fine, but don't sell them. It's a lousy message to send to the Plats and Diamonds and one not thought out very well by RM.
arunhn likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Not sure if this is new or not, but flew DTW-TPA today and got Oreos and thin veggie chips. YYZ-DTW continued to have Biscoff and Cheez-it
Old May 11, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Not sure if this is new or not, but flew DTW-TPA today and got Oreos and thin veggie chips. YYZ-DTW continued to have Biscoff and Cheez-it
Thanks -- those are 2 of my preferred snack basket items so I call that an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.