Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by phant0m
Delta changed my refund to a credit. Is it worth fighting for a cash refund?
Whst was the reason you believed a refund would be issued instead of credit?
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by roelb
Delta has a class-to-class waiver active: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ulletin-4.html

So as long as your origin and destination do not change and the same class of service is available, you should be able to change the dates well into 2021 without a reprice. Waiver code is B3Z8F.
No luck, unfortunately. Delta would waive the change fees but said the ticket would be subject to re-price, even class-to-class. Looking at the bulletin, I can't see anything that suggests a re-price can be avoided.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I called again about my refund request from 3/27- the issue was escalated up several levels and I actually received a call back from a manager in the refunds department. Apparently my refund request had "fallen through the cracks". So it was finally processed, and the manager also processed all my other outstanding refund requests (ten others). Once the actual refunds get back to my credit cards, I think I'll finally be finished with the refund crapshoot.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Requested a refund yesterday due to several major schedule and airport changes. Travel was for late this month and had 11 people split among 2 linked reservations. Agent was wonderful and got supervisor involved to help. Was told it would be 30 to 90 days. Refund showed up on my AMEX today.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 11:02 am

After over 3 weeks my refund request has now disappeared from the refund status page, "not found." Thinking this meant it had been paid, I checked the Amex but apparently not.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tom_MN
After over 3 weeks my refund request has now disappeared from the refund status page, "not found." Thinking this meant it had been paid, I checked the Amex but apparently not.
Try checking just with the ticket number, without the refund request number
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Try checking just with the ticket number, without the refund request number

No difference, still missing. It was there this morning.

The unfortunate thing is that I was about to cancel the card before the fee hits in August, so have already run up charges on what had been a zero balance for when the credit posts. Then I would pay the difference and close the card.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by tom_MN
No difference, still missing. It was there this morning.

The unfortunate thing is that I was about to cancel the card before the fee hits in August, so have already run up charges on what had been a zero balance for when the credit posts. Then I would pay the difference and close the card.
This has been happening with a lot of requests.They can no longer be found, but have not been paid. Refund line says they're still in the internal system though, waiting to be processed.

Has anyone had any luck with getting early/mid-May refunds processed? Still waiting here, approaching 50+ business days now....
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Whst was the reason you believed a refund would be issued instead of credit?
When I did the online status check on the refund it said that the full amount would be credited back to my card ending in ****. Also when I called in to make sure that my flights were cancelled because they were still showing on my upcoming flights, the rep said that I should expect a refund to my card in 3 months.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
My timeline

July 15: Delta cancels my flight.
July 16: I called the DM desk requesting for a refund. Agent agreed immediately.
July 17: refund processed, and $ showed up in my Amex.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by phant0m
When I did the online status check on the refund it said that the full amount would be credited back to my card ending in ****. Also when I called in to make sure that my flights were cancelled because they were still showing on my upcoming flights, the rep said that I should expect a refund to my card in 3 months.
Just to make sure, 1)the entire amount was paid by card and 2)the reason cancelled qualified for a refund? If #2 didn't apply (ie you cancelled voluntarily) then unless it was refundable only credit is due.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
From the last refunds agent I spoke with, "Atlanta" is still working through April cancellations for tickets that need manual pricing. Give it another 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
This has been happening with a lot of requests.They can no longer be found, but have not been paid. Refund line says they're still in the internal system though, waiting to be processed.

Has anyone had any luck with getting early/mid-May refunds processed? Still waiting here, approaching 50+ business days now....
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
My data points:

April 18 -- Cancelled flight & requested a refund (split payment with a Delta AmEx and Delta gift cards)
July 13 - Received email detailing the refund which will come back on AmEx and gift cards which are supposed to be emailed
July 15 - Refund appeared on AmEx
July 19 - Still waiting on gift cards (which were the bulk of the flight cost)

I'm just thrilled to have made it this far in the process!!!
CirqueRunaway likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Has anyone been able to get a refund due to schedule change for a ticket purchased with an ecredit? I no longer need to take the flight and DL just sent notification of a 2 hour change in departure time. I would really like the refund, but expect it will be a credit.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Has anyone been able to get a refund due to schedule change for a ticket purchased with an ecredit? I no longer need to take the flight and DL just sent notification of a 2 hour change in departure time. I would really like the refund, but expect it will be a credit.
Refund always goes to original form of payment(s).
CirqueRunaway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.