Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
So I guess they just want to push everyone back to phone calls. The MOST EXPENSIVE channel in existence. Why?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Based on the inability to resolve flight changes or misconnects on your own via the website and massive wait times for the call center, they already did that.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat Elite, Marriott Gold Elite
I don't have status. Been calling the regular Delta number for the past few days and the recording simply says that they cannot take my call and hangs up. How has the airline with the best customer service become the dead worst?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucycan
So I guess they just want to push everyone back to phone calls. The MOST EXPENSIVE channel in existence. Why?
Did you try typing "representative" or "rep" in the chat box (there's a button for it). Presumably, this will connect you to a real agent. FYI, phone systems are relatively cheap these days. It's the agent on the end that is the primary expense (and you will have that with both the chat and phone system).

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 17, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edandolo
I don't have status. Been calling the regular Delta number for the past few days and the recording simply says that they cannot take my call and hangs up. How has the airline with the best customer service become the dead worst?
Because Delta has always had woeful IT issues. When things were good it was easier to ignore it. Now that things are no longer good the system held together with spit and bailing wire can no longer function.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Because Delta has always had woeful IT issues. When things were good it was easier to ignore it. Now that things are no longer good the system held together with spit and bailing wire can no longer function.
Seems less of an IT issue and more of an issue of not enough capacity and not enough agents available. I'm guessing too many took the leave offers (possibly because they could earn more from unemployment on leave than when they were working).
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xliioper
Did you try typing "representative" or "rep" in the chat box (there's a button for it). Presumably, this will connect you to a real agent. FYI, phone systems are relatively cheap these days. It's the agent on the end that is the primary expense (and you will have that with both the chat and phone system).
Sure... just try that and see what happens. You'll get an auto response about long wait times and if you still need assistance. No real agent there, just an automated queue that goes nowhere and will time out eventually unless you want to sit there with the app open and active for hours.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:48 am

I have had great success calling DL Singapore the past few months.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Seems less of an IT issue and more of an issue of not enough capacity and not enough agents available. I'm guessing too many took the leave offers (possibly because they could earn more from unemployment on leave than when they were working).
IT is part of it. I can go to United.com and cancel a trip and the credit appears instantly in my account. Delta.com won't let me do this. Combine this with all the other issues Delta.com has plus what you're saying and here we are.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I have never been able to cancel a ticket using the app for android. Even refundable tickets. It goes to a page that then says "too many page redirects" or something like that. And I'm 50/50 using the website. It's all complete junk! United even allows you to add your dog to your itinerary and profile where delta makes you call res every time.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta PM
IT is the issue.
The phone lines are jammed because nothing works on the website for some reason.
I have two eticket credits, but must call to use them.
Must call to use companion ticket.
Must call to put wife FF# in because her account name refuses to change to correspond with secure data.
Must call to get her a seat next to me on SEA-CDG.

That's why there are 8 hour wait times.
Today, it's down to 3. Whoopie
Ridiculous
gt5889a likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Meanwhile AA “Executive Liasion” called me proactively to check on how I’m doing....it went to VM but the minute I called them back I was answered immediately
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by wxman22
IT is the issue.
The phone lines are jammed because nothing works on the website for some reason.
I have two eticket credits, but must call to use them.
Must call to use companion ticket.
Must call to put wife FF# in because her account name refuses to change to correspond with secure data.
Must call to get her a seat next to me on SEA-CDG.

That's why there are 8 hour wait times.
Today, it's down to 3. Whoopie
Ridiculous
I disagree. I think that this is clearly planned and senior management is the issue.

They call the shots and decide where money should be directed. Underinvestment in IT is fine as long as revenue flows in. Customer service has always been seen as dispensable by the upper echelons.

And in the case of Covid-19, senior management continues to see customer service as a cost- not as an added value.

Bluntly put, they have zero interest to make units available to request refunds, to defer travel... they simply encourages capital loss.

In the past, the EU has been the standard-bearer of consumer rights vis-à-vis airlines. Now that individual governments have to bail out airlines, expect nothing. They are in cahoots with each another.
gt5889a likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So why is DL continuing to basically ignore this huge issue?

Meanwhile they’re sending out surveys to no status pax about their future travel plans now.

??
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So why is DL continuing to basically ignore this huge issue?

Meanwhile they’re sending out surveys to no status pax about their future travel plans now.

??
Fantastic question. It really seems like even the most inept organization could have gotten its CS together at this point.

Keep Climbing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.