Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
It's not just the phones that are backed up - I just received an email response to a request to correct an incorrect mileage posting from April (plain jane DL itin). I have another request to correct incorrect mileage from April still floating around out there as well.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
hmmmmmmm ... guess my request to fix a 30 Jul posting error (ORC for F SDC where I could only confirm C+ on connecting leg) is still WAAAAAAY down in the queue

just spent 25 minutes w PM line agent on hold for a supervisor who still hasn't picked up (callback was supposed to be in less than an hour; actual was 1+40) ... have to drop because of family commitment
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
On August 27 I needed to speak to Delta reservations about a couple of issues, and the disembodied male voice told me my wait would be seven minutes. I switched on the speakerphone, and a nice lady answered the phone about 5 minutes later, and I got my issues resolved.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I called this morning to deal with a schedule change. (In this case, it was a flight on Hawaiian from KOA-HNL that changed.)

Delta answered the call in 1:15 -- that's 1 minute, 15 seconds. I was blown away!
Stgermainparis, SamirD and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by ekozie
It's not just the phones that are backed up - I just received an email response to a request to correct an incorrect mileage posting from April (plain jane DL itin). I have another request to correct incorrect mileage from April still floating around out there as well.
I have one of those from the same time period too.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:55 pm

22 minutes around 730a pacific Saturday am for Plat. Call back was pretty close to the estimate.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
One of my waitlisted segments looked like it had cleared and needed reissue, but since I was out and about, calling would've been awkward. Used the text message/virtual assistant and luckily only had to go through one cycle of "Do you still need assistance?" before getting an initial agent at ~2 hours, then another 5-10 minutes while they transferred their end of the conversation to the reissue desk.
Stgermainparis and SamirD like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 8:13 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Today a human answered within 3 minutes. Twice! 2 weeks ago I had 4 hour call back time.

Once connected it took 45 minutes to reverse a $900.00 service charge to change a flight online - which was made an hour earlier.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
beta testing is alive and well

got the new automated answering system which told me the expected hold time was 7 minutes ... ok, that's manageable (it was closer to 10, but no big deal) ... a couple minutes in, auto-disconnect

less than a minute later the agent called me back and apologized that the system had automagically kicked him out because he was scheduled for lunch -- we had a good laugh about that
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:24 pm

Thursday evening called the regular line to make a flight change and the system said the wait time was 1hr 45mins...turned out I only had to wait 1hr 15mins, not bad considering the last time I called it took 4 hours to get through.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Where has the Chat function at Delta.com gone? I used to find it at https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview, but no luck today with multiple devices and browsers.

Android App is asking for a US phone number which I don't have.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by delpiero223; Sep 10, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by delpiero223
Where has the Chat function at Delta.com gone? I used to find it at https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview, but no luck today with multiple devices and browsers.

Android App is asking for a US phone number which I don't have.
In my app on iPhone, under MORE is a CONTACT US option with messaging. Maybe there? I don’t know if that’s only on iPhone or with the app in general.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
In my app on iPhone, under MORE is a CONTACT US option with messaging. Maybe there? I don’t know if that’s only on iPhone or with the app in general.
I used that button in the Delta App (redirecting to iMessage) on my iPad now. Typing on a computer would be much easier than using my iPad, though.

Appears that the chat function on delta.com is not available at this moment or blocked when accessing from an European IP address. In the past I was able to access it with my browser using the US-EN localization.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:36 pm

I'm 1.5 hours in.....they said less than 2hrs when I called in. Just need to change an award flight and the flight I am wanting only has 2 seats left at the points value. Have been trying to do it myself online but it gives an error saying to call in. Come on Delta :/
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
27 minute wait quoted this morning. I got a call back in about 15, so it seems to be getting better. Plus I had a terrific agent!
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.