Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking JFK -> MEX RT on Delta or Aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Going to Mexico City from NYC in May. Booking Roundtrip flights operated by Aeromexico.

I'm Platinum on Delta and am trying to figure out whether I should book the flights on Delta.com (codeshare with Aeromexico) or book directly on Aeromexico and credit the flight to my Skymiles account.

Is there any difference? Would appreciate the guidance!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM
Is this in J or Y? Speaking generally, you'll probably get more MQDs if you book through AM and credit to DL. Depending on the fare class, you'll earn MQDs as a percentage of your miles flown. (Check the delta partner earning charts). Cheap AM J fares are a pretty popular hack to getting cheap MQDs.
Return2flight likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by danielvdm
Is this in J or Y? Speaking generally, you'll probably get more MQDs if you book through AM and credit to DL. Depending on the fare class, you'll earn MQDs as a percentage of your miles flown. (Check the delta partner earning charts). Cheap AM J fares are a pretty popular hack to getting cheap MQDs.
It's only the marketing carrier that matters for earnings, not the ticketing carrier.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by michaelbharris
Going to Mexico City from NYC in May. Booking Roundtrip flights operated by Aeromexico.

I'm Platinum on Delta and am trying to figure out whether I should book the flights on Delta.com (codeshare with Aeromexico) or book directly on Aeromexico and credit the flight to my Skymiles account.

Is there any difference? Would appreciate the guidance!
In IRROPS , DL bought will mean you can get DL to assist. This is a major benefit. Otherwise for earnings AM is better.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Why does Delta persist for with an old 757 jet for this route?

Is there any talk that the route might ever be upgraded to an A350 or other widebody?

Even AM use a 787 once a day.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I find the food good on AM and I have better chances getting upgraded on AM than on DL, fwiw.
Johnny Rocket likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.