Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No response to missing partner mileage credit requests - over 2 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG

I had a bunch of partner flights that didn't credit in Q4 and I sent them in via the online form. Although I got a case number, I can't get anyone to actually respond to me or update the missing segments and miles. The first request was sent in 2 months ago followed up 4 weeks later with another message referencing the initial case number.

Is there any way to call or email SkyMiles team to get them to action requests previously sent in online. 2 months seems abnormally long time to wait?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Lots
Twitter is your best bet here. I’ve had mikes post within 10-15 minutes and received an apology for taking so long. This was after going back and forth with emails over several days.

Its basically the the only thing I’ve ever found Twitter to be useful for.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Similar issue on my end. I’ve worked with what I will describe as a special customer service call center (not sure what office it is) on an ORC claim due to a reroute by a Tier 1 partner that put me on AA ... back in Nov. 2018. (My flights were booked on delta.com.) I have a case number and everything but never get a response when I call and ask about the status of my case. I only call every few weeks so as not to annoy the staff.

Maybe I will try Twitter.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Which airline? My buddy has been going through hell trying to get China Eastern flights to post.
KOTAR1988 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
If you have the case number, why not just call one of the help center numbers and ask to be routed appropriately?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had missing mileage credit due from AM that I had given up on and forgot about. I got an email 8 months later with the crediting.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Double post

Last edited by TheHorta; Feb 23, 2019 at 4:41 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:40 am

Same here, but much briefer time frame — flew AF IAD>CDG in paid La Premiere (P) and CDG>NBO on KQ in J. Was credited for KQ flight, but not AF flight. Called DM line a week ago and agent said “I see it pending, it can take up to 10 days” which would be a first for me, but... OK. It has now been over 10 days and nada, so I’ll probably start pinging them. Also, KQ J flight posted for ~$1K MQD, which seems awfully low for a partner in paid J for a flight that posted almost 9K in MQM.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Trip just barely posted. Total combined MQMs we’re just over 20K, all in paid F/J, but total posted MQDs were only $4200. I was under the impression that J MQDs were a factor of 40% of total MQMs on Tier-1 partners? The tix actually cost nearly $6K each, and if we received percentage-based credit we’d at least have $8K MQDs, or if actual credit, it should be well above $4200.

Not sure if I should just drop it or call in hopes of getting proper MQD credit (or an explanation why it’s so low, even after deductions for taxes).
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Same here, but much briefer time frame — flew AF IAD>CDG in paid La Premiere (P) and CDG>NBO on KQ in J. Was credited for KQ flight, but not AF flight. Called DM line a week ago and agent said “I see it pending, it can take up to 10 days” which would be a first for me, but... OK. It has now been over 10 days and nada, so I’ll probably start pinging them. Also, KQ J flight posted for ~$1K MQD, which seems awfully low for a partner in paid J for a flight that posted almost 9K in MQM.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Trip just barely posted. Total combined MQMs we’re just over 20K, all in paid F/J, but total posted MQDs were only $4200. I was under the impression that J MQDs were a factor of 40% of total MQMs on Tier-1 partners? The tix actually cost nearly $6K each, and if we received percentage-based credit we’d at least have $8K MQDs, or if actual credit, it should be well above $4200.

Not sure if I should just drop it or call in hopes of getting proper MQD credit (or an explanation why it’s so low, even after deductions for taxes).
Your MQDs sound correct to me. KQ only gets 20 percent of mileage flown in J, so CDG-NBO would be about $800 MQDs. La Premiere gets 60 percent of mileage flown.

ETA: I see your confusion... Partner earn is based on distance flown *not* MQMs.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
To the OP, I would just fax a brief letter with the necessary info (such as date, ticket numbers, date flights), and a copy of the boarding passes. The fax number is 404-773-1945. It took at least two tries with an MU and an AeroMexico ticket for me to get missing miles fixed.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by loratliff
Your MQDs sound correct to me. KQ only gets 20 percent of mileage flown in J, so CDG-NBO would be about $800 MQDs. La Premiere gets 60 percent of mileage flown.

ETA: I see your confusion... Partner earn is based on distance flown *not* MQMs.
So, flying La Premiere actually nets you considerably LESS MQD than was actually paid.

Nice!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:15 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by TheHorta
So, flying La Premiere actually nets you considerably LESS MQD than was actually paid. Nice!
Delta wants you to fly DL and not a partner, even if in F. Makes for a strange marriage but that is skyteam.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As a Diamond, I always just call in, if past 10 days. Normally it's taken care of while on the phone.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
SkyMiles customer service is even worse than SkyMiles itself. The people that work there can't even follow their own rules about partnerships. Most of my partner flights on KE, MU, CI are always messed up in some way. I have to call and call and call. Online queries are not answered for weeks. Calling Diamond doesn't really help because they dont know anything and have to rely on the SkyMiles desk. For me, CI is THE worst. It never post and I always have to call.

I have been cheating on DL with UA and its partners. Those partner flights post within 1-3 days and almost always correct. I am surprised SkyTeam can't seem to get their act together on how partners share and transmit data to each other.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:25 pm

I think I’m going to call and request ORC, if I can. My outbound IAD>NBO was canceled and I was automatically swapped from all KLM J to mixed AF/KQ, where KQ J not only sucked but added the insult of just 20% MQD ratio.

With the original all-KLM itinerary it would have been all at 40%.

Is ORC possible in this instance with ST partners?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.