Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite status question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Best of luck. I haven't heard any stories of folks getting MQS/MQM credit for award travel, but yours is the strongest case I've heard for an exception. Please report back and happy new year!
KevTN likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:16 pm

what fare bucket is the miles ticket booked in?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
what fare bucket is the miles ticket booked in?
because I was poking late one was main cabin one was basic and the other was miles.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:45 am

No, I'm not asking about the cabin you're booked in or how you paid.

when you look at "my trips" you'll see a one- or two-letter code near your seat assignment. That code is what determines your earnings.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Ok I have never noticed that. The tickets are no longer available to see. I will start paying attention to that designation though. Thank you.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Just want to caution that the operator made a note in the file about your concern with the previous operator and supervisor. I really can't imagine this was any kind of an actual "exception request" that was advanced on your behalf. I'm guessing she noted on the account what you said, but that's it. If I were you, I'd call and get customer service rather than just a regular agent and get clarification beforehand rather than just wait and see. It would be a very huge exception for DL to just grant you the two segments, so I wouldn't trust it if I were you, particularly given that you're taking a MR just for this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Just want to caution that the operator made a note in the file about your concern with the previous operator and supervisor. I really can't imagine this was any kind of an actual "exception request" that was advanced on your behalf. I'm guessing she noted on the account what you said, but that's it. If I were you, I'd call and get customer service rather than just a regular agent and get clarification beforehand rather than just wait and see. It would be a very huge exception for DL to just grant you the two segments, so I wouldn't trust it if I were you, particularly given that you're taking a MR just for this.
I would concur that the chance of the award tickets being counted towards segments being completed is zilch to none. The only chance I see is for the OP to get some leeway on being granted PM even though he'll be short on the qualification metrics.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by KevTN
Ok I have never noticed that. The tickets are no longer available to see. I will start paying attention to that designation though. Thank you.
Did you end up cancelling everything, or did you fly yesterday/today?

Also, receipts with the fare class may still show up in My Delta > My Wallet > Trip Receipts and will definitely show up in the original email from booking.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ekozie
Did you end up cancelling everything, or did you fly yesterday/today?

Also, receipts with the fare class may still show up in My Delta > My Wallet > Trip Receipts and will definitely show up in the original email from booking.
I cancelled all three flights. I’m not to optimistic they will give me the exemption. This was my first 6 mos of this type of travel for work. If nothing else it is a learning experience.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I cancelled all three flights. I’m not to optimistic they will give me the exemption. This was my first 6 mos of this type of travel for work. If nothing else it is a learning experience.
For future reference, you can use miles and earn MQMs/MQSs/MQDs if you have a DL Amex Card and use the Pay With Miles (not Miles + Cash) option. PWM will generally priced higher as the miles are valued at .01 cent per mile compared to regular award tickets which don’t necessarily follow this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Still have not heard anything about a decision as of yet. Contacted the Elite line and they had me send another request. I am not too optimistic but never hurts to try. The worst they can say is no.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Finally heard back from Delta. As expected I did not get Platinum. Oh well.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Finally heard back from Delta. As expected I did not get Platinum. Oh well.
It's disappointing, but I get it. I had to do a stupid mileage run SEA-PDX last year to make PM, as I flew a ton of miles on United that would normally have gone to Delta (Hell, if I had only flown DL I would have been in range of Diamond, but I digress). I was way over on MQMs but would have otherwise missed PM by $150.
KevTN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.