Elite status question

Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Elite status question

I know this is a long shot but it will look like I will be 6 segments short of getting Platinum. I have the MQD by 2500. Do you think it would be worth my time to call and ask for a consideration to award up to Platinum or would it be a wasted of time. I started a new job in June 19 where I am flying nearly every week. I have already purchased 1st class tickets for personal use in February. Actually I paid for it with other reward points but Delta does not know that shhhhh.

So what do ya think? Thank you. I am glad I found this forum.

Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I think it would be a waste of time, but it would only be 5 minutes so give it a shot. And then book 6 segments
olegator likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Welcome to FT! You can call and ask, but I expect the answer will be no. You'll most likely have to fly the segments to get it. How close are you on MQMs?

You might find some useful information in these two threads although I think you'll only get the option to buy your status if you were already Platinum this year.
Buy your 2020 Status Email Arrived Today
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ion-level.html
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL does not charge for phone bookings. You can call and book the six segments, fly them, and have your status.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

By the time I finish this weeks flight will be around 19k short.

Thank you for the welcome
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KevTN
By the time I finish this weeks flight will be around 19k short.

Thank you for the welcome
The Elevate Your Status offers include both MQM's and MQS segment credits and this is almost certainly what they will refer you to if you don't want to fly. You can see your current offer here --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ur-status.html

Unfortunately, close only counts in horseshoes and.. well you know the rest.

It's possible to fit 6 segments in a single day with the right routing. If you provide your base and dates for availability, there are folks here who can find the best available deal. Unfortunately, given that we are getting late in the month, it likely won't be as good as deals you could have got a few weeks a go (due to holiday demand and advance purchase requirements for the cheaper fares).
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate it. I had a site that cancelled the before last. With work and holidays the only day I can fly on the 22nd out of CHA. I know asking was a long shot but A guy can ask.

thanks for the input.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
10 min of rather random searching found this:
  • CHA-ATL-HOU lv 0550 arrive 0923 $299
  • HOU-ATL-CHS lv 1002 arrive 1454 $339
  • CHS-ATL-CHA lv 1720 arrive 2120 $329
each one-way trip would have to be booked separately, since the layovers at both HOU and CHS are less than four hours and thus wont show up in a multi-city search
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Originally Posted by jrl767
10 min of rather random searching found this:
  • CHA-ATL-HOU lv 0550 arrive 0923 $299
  • HOU-ATL-CHS lv 1002 arrive 1454 $339
  • CHS-ATL-CHA lv 1720 arrive 2120 $329
each one would have to be booked separately, since the layovers at both HOU and CHS are less than four hours
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I appreciate it. I had a site that cancelled the before last. With work and holidays the only day I can fly on the 22nd out of CHA. I know asking was a long shot but A guy can ask.

thanks for the input.
CHA-RST roundtrip is $741 on 12/22 (6 segments CHA-ATL-MSP-RST-MSP-ATL-CHA). Unfortunately, not a cheap day to travel.
KevTN likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
DL seems to draw a hard line for giving such mercy. I remember someone was denied for $50 MQD short while reclaiming their status.
KevTN likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Both UA & AA also tend to offer "buy ups" of one kind or another and have thus stopped giving away what they can now sell.
KevTN likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP

Not an short, cheap, or exciting day of travel but I don't think you're going to find six segments on the Sunday before Christmas for less than $652. It looks like all the afternoon flights back into CHA are what's driving the fare up on most routes.

There's a long sit in CVG, but it shouldn't be too bad if you have club access.

Matrix didn't want to show that combined on a single ticket for that price (I'm pretty sure it didn't want to mix E and non-E fares on multi-city), but it's able to price it together for $701.80 all in Main if you want to avoid BE.

KevTN likes this.

Last edited by ekozie; Dec 14, 2019 at 11:53 pm Reason: wrong airport code
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick update. Will be doing 4 segments back and forth from Chattanooga to ATL on Sunday and Two segments on monday for 629 and 19k miles to get my platinum status. Thank you for everyones input!
rkoechel likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Just a quick update. Will be doing 4 segments back and forth from Chattanooga to ATL on Sunday and Two segments on monday for 629 and 19k miles to get my platinum status. Thank you for everyones input!
Careful with using miles. Award tickets and Miles+Cash tickets don't receive MQMs. OTOH, if you have the Delta Amex card and redeem on the checkout page with Pay with Miles, you'll still get MQMs, but I believe that is only in 5000 mile increments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.