FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Name that stain... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1996515-name-stain.html)

defrosted Nov 23, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by bitterproffit (Post 31768380)
I think we all agree the area should be clean. But, in your hotel example, do you insist the front desk clean the room because they are the first employee you see? Should the passenger had insisted the cleaning crew come back? I just don't know what you do in this case. The plane is dirty, it wasn't cleaned. The airline skimped on cleaning crews during turn arounds. Do you demand the plane be held until the airline version of housekeeping returns? Do you demand the first employee you see clean it up? Or the gate agent, pilot, baggage loaders? Or do you do it yourself and make a note to express your displeasure and maybe move your dollars somewhere else?

From the customer side, in most circumstances I will not clean it up. End of story, I am not paying to do work that should be done by the company I am paying to do that work. Complain, leave, deal with it, whatever, those are my choices.

From an employee side, your argument is a little bothersome as it alludes towards the "it's not my job attitude" that drives me nuts. Everyone stands around and declares it isn't in their job description and the customer service as a whole suffers. I would hope if Ed Bastian was there he would clean it up himself as an example that you work there, it IS your job.

Point being it isn't the FA's responsibility, or part of their job duties, they don't have to clean it, but as a part of the Delta team the FA should clean it, or anybody else you listed should. The idea that someone is above cleaning is insulting to the people that clean.

WillBarrett_68 Nov 23, 2019 7:31 am

"I'm not going to do it because it's not my job but I'm mad that someone else is saying it's not their job"

Tine Rod Nov 23, 2019 8:08 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 31768371)
lol at this stuff, come on, this isn't the riddle of the sphinx here.

All sorts of odious people have figured out that they can fool the simpletons with this plausible deniability baloney, but the fact is that lots of people aren't dullards and can put two and two together.

I don’t want to drag out this branch of the conversation, but curious where this turn happened ( I may be a dullard after all) but did you sense sexism in OP?

FlyingUnderTheRadar Nov 23, 2019 9:16 am

Name that stain ...
Bile from someone getting the dry heaves after seeing and smelling what is being served for dinner in the FC cabin.

defrosted Nov 23, 2019 9:25 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 (Post 31768559)
"I'm not going to do it because it's not my job but I'm mad that someone else is saying it's not their job"

Completely different as the customer of a company versus an employee of the company.

sonkie23 Nov 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31768633)
I don’t want to drag out this branch of the conversation, but curious where this turn happened ( I may be a dullard after all) but did you sense sexism in OP?

Hi. OP here who is very much a female. Not sure how this thread devolved into a gender seminar but I can assure you, that was never the point of my post.

I sat in a gross seat with a stain of unknown origin that I was basically told to clean myself. The gender of the Delta employees I interacted with - male, female, gender fluid, etc. - never entered my mind. Pretty much the only thing I cared about for the 4 hours of that flight was not touching whatever it was in front of me.

That's about it! Happy Saturday everyone!

bsagator Nov 23, 2019 2:14 pm

I had some leftover cheese on my D1 seat JFK-CDG last week.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d3748ecd90.jpg

footballfanatic Nov 24, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by bitterproffit (Post 31765525)
Were you expecting her to clean it up for you?

Reasonable to expect “delta” to clean it up between flights. No different than a hotel or restaurant. Where are the cleaners in this?

bitterproffit Nov 24, 2019 6:34 am

Originally Posted by footballfanatic (Post 31771245)
Reasonable to expect “delta” to clean it up between flights. No different than a hotel or restaurant. Where are the cleaners in this?

laid off as cost cutting during turns?

Tine Rod Nov 24, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by bitterproffit (Post 31771259)
laid off as cost cutting during turns?

Delta’s Version of LCC. DIY

defrosted Nov 24, 2019 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31771437)
Delta’s Version of LCC. DIY

Upgrade to a "clean seat" for only $89! Comes with priority boarding - Main Cabin 1 and a free wet wipe.

Moyerclan Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm

As a nurse I've gotta agree with the poster suggesting its Bile. Gastric bile from a good hurl.