Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage for GUC VS Flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Mileage for GUC VS Flight

I booked an X fare SEA<>LHR with VS metal (naturally) on Delta stock (006). The GUC's went through easily but I noticed the flight #'s changed from DL4348/DL4349 to VS105/VS106 and fare class changed to G which is I believe, for VS, an award bucket. Of course the MQM/MQD/RDM's are not posting because system is saying it's an award ticket not eligible for mileage. I've called Diamond line twice and was told it's escalated but it's been 16 days. Anyone else have issues getting DL miles for VS flights on a GUC? Frustrating to say the least.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I waited a week and then just submitted the missing mileage form online. took a few days after that and it posted correctly
gooselee and Schuhfly like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I did that and then they replied and said would reprocess and it did show as processing for 2 days and then went back to not eligible for mileage credit
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
It usually takes 3 or 4 phone calls for them to fix it and even then they are inconsistent. Mine eventually coded as a VS flight (so more MQDs) and the rest of the family as a DL flight. It’s frustrating, but keep trying until they get it right.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Chronic, perpetual problem because Virgin award inventory is G, so to the system a Virgin flight number booked in G looks like award travel.

I have had my best results dealing with the Twitter folks on this. They can reach whoever it is that fixes it quickly, and the matter is usually resolved on the spot. E-mail generally does not work.

My experience has been that it is helpful to have the original ticket number (the one before the ticket got reissued with the upgrade applied). I have been through this four times now, so call me experienced on the topic. And for the life of me, I wish they would fix it.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Also try calling elite line. You generally get the issue across better talking with a human.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I'm in the same boat later this year. When they do manually fix after travel, do you get credit as a Delta flight in X class or a Virgin flight in L (or something like simular)? The RDM earning is hugely different depending how they credit it.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I'm in the same boat later this year. When they do manually fix after travel, do you get credit as a Delta flight in X class or a Virgin flight in L (or something like simular)? The RDM earning is hugely different depending how they credit it.
You should get it based on what was paid for (which since used a GUC should be a DL code).
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You should get it based on what was paid for (which since used a GUC should be a DL code).
Should being the key word here. I've had it credit properly a couple times, had it credit as a VS flight number in a discount fare bucket once (probably whatever my DL T fare mapped to on VS), and as full Y with a VS flight number once (with 125% MQMs).

I've also done a couple of SkyMiles upgrades to VS J in the past from paid premium economy (Delta G fare, codeshare on VS metal) Both of those only posted with 100% MQM, as VS economy flights somehow. Appealing via email was of no use.

All of these manually posted of course.

I appreciate the opportunity to upgrade from low fares on JV partners - it's a huge plus for SkyMiles relative to other programs - but getting VS flights to post has been inordinately frustrating and I can't think of a better "YMMV" example, quite literally...
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
This happened to me in 2018. I had to fight them to get my mileage credit, with a number of e-mails and phone calls. Finally got it worked out.

The flight I took (LHR-JFK) was outstanding, and my FA gave me a bottle of Gentleman Jack which had been opened but was 90% full (I'm guessing it would have been dumped down the drain at JFK).

If you can ever get seated in VS Upper Class, go for it.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Getting to the point of a manual fix was painful and required almost 3 weeks and an escalation to an executive email. All the referrals from Diamond desk to get it properly credited never yielded anything. When they fixed it the flight went from being posted as a VS flight to a DL flight. They should be better at this. Keep escalating and if you have an executive email, use it after 2 weeks which was my threshold. The MQM posted as the base X fare but the MQD may have been duplicated, the base amount for entire ticket on each leg. After the effort I went through, I feel I earned that (ignore the 11/11 date -- it was 11/21 before it was finally fixed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.