Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:24 pm

Does anyone know why I am unable to select seats at LATAM.com for a delta booking ?
It is a main cabin fare and delta allowed me to pick seats for its own segments.
LATAM shows all seats are occupied (greyed out).

Flight is 6+ months away. Is it too early for LATAM ?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
What's the deal with trying to book a LATAM flight using SkyMiles? I'm trying to book MIA-SCL on the Delta website, and I keeps coming back with an error during the final step. I called Delta and they said inventory isn't available. Seems like no LATAM flight works when I try to book it. Why do they keep displaying the phantom award space?

Any tips or tricks?
OK, this is strange. I've been checking a specific LATAM itinerary for November. Been checking it every day and it errors out due to phantom. Tried it again tonight, and it worked! MIA-SCL for 95k in business class. Great deal! Thanks all.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:44 pm

Does anyone know if I can earn DL miles and MQM on a LATAM flight (LA-coded and operated), if the ticket was purches from e.g. Lufthansa?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:58 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by mb752
Does anyone know if I can earn DL miles and MQM on a LATAM flight (LA-coded and operated), if the ticket was purches from e.g. Lufthansa?
Yes, ticket stock does not matter for mileage earning. Check the fare class on the delta.com LATAM earning chart.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lanb
Does anyone know why I am unable to select seats at LATAM.com for a delta booking ?
It is a main cabin fare and delta allowed me to pick seats for its own segments.

The LA website for seat selection isn't known for being completely excellent. It is not too soon. I fly LA at least once a year on AS mileage awards, in Business, and for a few years, the entire J section has been XXXd and it allows me to choose a Y seat (or Y+ for a fee) and shows that I'll be paying for bags. A call to LA is all I've needed to get seats, and the bags have always been the regular J baggage allowance.

By the way, 6+ months away, be prepared for a number of schedule changes.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The LA website for seat selection isn't known for being completely excellent. It is not too soon. I fly LA at least once a year on AS mileage awards, in Business, and for a few years, the entire J section has been XXXd and it allows me to choose a Y seat (or Y+ for a fee) and shows that I'll be paying for bags. A call to LA is all I've needed to get seats, and the bags have always been the regular J baggage allowance.

By the way, 6+ months away, be prepared for a number of schedule changes.
Thanks, I will call in and yes, already got the first schedule change from Delta
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I flew MDE-BOG this morning and even though not my first flight on LatAm, or Chilean Delta, as I affectionately refer to it, their website and lack of customer support is incredibly bad.

Neither of the two times I've booked tickets with them can I get the transaction to go through, despite trying more than one credit card/issuer, and just wind up booking through an OTA. There is also no way that I've found to be able to add a frequent flyer number once the ticket is booked, and you need to do it at the kiosk. The first time, I sent a message to their customer service to try to add my DL number, and they responded to me 3 months after my flight.

But on the plus side, their exit row seats are muy bueno. Free to select as a DL elite. Also moved my boarding group from 7 up to 2. Not that boarding groups seem to matter in Latin America, it's just a free for all.
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:14 am

I had a phantom award space experience. Transferred MR to DL only to realize that the routing and date I wanted was actually not available (IND-JFK-LIM-CUZ, 25k in Y, last two flights are Latam). Searched segment by segment instead. JFK-LIM was wide open but LIM-CUZ was open only for a couple of days in October. I changed my date to fit into one of those open flights, and it worked.

My theory is that Latam offers married segment but DL might have trouble accessing it. But there was a nonstop flight phantom award space reported earlier in this thread. In either case, there's no easy way to cross check to see if this would really work, which is unfortunate.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I flew MDE-BOG this morning and even though not my first flight on LatAm, or Chilean Delta, as I affectionately refer to it, their website and lack of customer support is incredibly bad.

Neither of the two times I've booked tickets with them can I get the transaction to go through, despite trying more than one credit card/issuer, and just wind up booking through an OTA. There is also no way that I've found to be able to add a frequent flyer number once the ticket is booked, and you need to do it at the kiosk. The first time, I sent a message to their customer service to try to add my DL number, and they responded to me 3 months after my flight.

But on the plus side, their exit row seats are muy bueno. Free to select as a DL elite. Also moved my boarding group from 7 up to 2. Not that boarding groups seem to matter in Latin America, it's just a free for all.
One of few airlines i recommend booking via OTA is LATAM. Sad, as inflight service is good. It's the ground services that suck.

To put in perspective some banks, if chargeback filed, just automatically authorize it. LATAM is known for not responding to even MC/VI/AMEX queries. I made purchase on card with local FCU. I had to file chargeback. (Agent charged me for what should've been EVEN EXCHG) Even they knew how bad LATAM is. (This precedes CV19) As soon as 10 day wait passed, they closed dispute in my favor. LATAM never replied at all.

I've also had agents not know how to price changes to return (following flying outbound). Etc..

If you insist on purchasing direct, use the LATAM US website. You get DOT protections (24hr penalty free refund,, etc) even for non-US flights, if purchased from the US facing website.
kyushuman likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
Originally Posted by lanb

Is the best solution for this to call? Booked JFK LIM round trip but through Delta, one of us is Platinum and one Gold, and were wondering how to select seats as everything is just grey online.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:22 pm

Help with Adding DL Diamond to LAtam reservation

Does anyone have any insight on how to add DL Skymiles number to Latam Booking ? I purchased the business ticket through Amex Platinum Travel and I'm a DL diamond member and would like to earn everything to my DL but can't seem to find anywhere on their website to do so & would prefer to take care of this ahead of travel day. Tried to reach them on twitter and they just said to do it at check in. I would appreciate any insights you guys may have.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Haitiannomad
Does anyone have any insight on how to add DL Skymiles number to Latam Booking ? I purchased the business ticket through Amex Platinum Travel and I'm a DL diamond member and would like to earn everything to my DL but can't seem to find anywhere on their website to do so & would prefer to take care of this ahead of travel day. Tried to reach them on twitter and they just said to do it at check in. I would appreciate any insights you guys may have.
Your best option is at check in, otherwise try the call center if you would like it in there earlier.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long before pinging DL on LA flight still not fully posted? It has been showing "processing" with reason code Q for over a week (and connecting DL segments have already long posted).

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Jun 6, 2022 at 9:05 am
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How long before pinging DL on LA flight still not fully posted? It has been showing "processing" with reason code Q for over a week (and connecting DL segments have already long posted).
Took about 10 days without prompting.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Titanium; *A Gold
I wasn't expecting this, but on a few LATAM flights (domestic - in Brazil and in Peru) I was upgraded as a Delta DM. My wife on the same itinerary (DL PM) was not upgraded. The upgraded seats were just in the front of the plane with blocked middle seats, but nice to know. Of course, I turned down the upgrade to sit with the Mrs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.