Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:15 pm

Programs: Diamond DL
Originally Posted by gerardfarrell
I've flown LATAM out of Lima and even though right up to check-in my allowance only showed 1 bag, their Whatsapp support confirmed I'd be able to check 2 for free (flying economy) and I had no issues at the airport. If you want to be 100% sure, Whatsapp them. They replied pretty quickly to me. Virtual assistant then an actual rep in less than 5 minutes.
hi!
i'll be flying LATAM premium economy from GRU to CUN with layover in LIM next week
I am delta DM. Can i enter the latam lounge in GRU and LIM?
Do you know if transiting in lima i have to exit and reenter the airport as it happens for example when i transit in USA ?
thanks!!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by itamex
hi!
i'll be flying LATAM premium economy from GRU to CUN with layover in LIM next week
I am delta DM. Can i enter the latam lounge in GRU and LIM?
Do you know if transiting in lima i have to exit and reenter the airport as it happens for example when i transit in USA ?
thanks!!
Yes to lounge. LIM you won't exit the airport, but will exit the plane, reclear security (There's a transit security), and board next aircraft. No clearing immigration/ picking up bags like in US.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes to lounge. LIM you won't exit the airport, but will exit the plane, reclear security (There's a transit security), and board next aircraft. No clearing immigration/ picking up bags like in US.
thank you! i have a 10 hour stop. i'll arrive apprx 22.00 and next flight at 8.00 am
i have priority pass so i hope i can enter latam or priority pass lounge
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Anyone know if DL will through check a bag to LA on separate tickets, if the LA ticket is an AS award on 027 stock?

I eventually need to book a positioning flight for an award, and with AS eliminating interlining on separate tickets, DL becomes a lot more appealing to me if they would offer this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sullim4
Anyone know if DL will through check a bag to LA on separate tickets, if the LA ticket is an AS award on 027 stock?

I eventually need to book a positioning flight for an award, and with AS eliminating interlining on separate tickets, DL becomes a lot more appealing to me if they would offer this.
Yes. In general DL agents will do fir any airline they have agreement with. The policy technically states only certain carriers, but in practice any carrier will be fine. I do DL-AY frequently.
sullim4 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Meanwhile, on recent flights, my LA flights (on 006 ticket stock) are no longer showing as pending, and not showing as posted. That is a first. I'll give it several more days before submitting a request for missing MQD, but it is the first time this has occurred.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:45 pm

LATAM aircraft type is making me reconsider this codeshare flight
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:56 pm

This is the issue. The LA marketing on DL metal is confusing the LA system into thinking there's PE. This occurs frequently on EZE/SCL-ATL when the former-LATAM owned A350s or 763s are used by DL.

Note DL may only give you Y seats. There's no PE cabin and DL doesn't market as such either.

Calling in to DL, DL agent is going to get a cabin doesn't exist/cabin mismatch error.
Thanks for dissecting this. Just recalled that my outbound segment is AS/LA, bought as LA PE with my DL number inserted. On a codeshare no longer offered. Just imagine all the fun I'm going to have trying to get credits on this! Let alone premium seats. Let alone any seats at all.
Now that you got me thinking about this, maybe ditch the whole itin and shop for a more solid LA booking. Thanks again!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Thanks for dissecting this. Just recalled that my outbound segment is AS/LA, bought as LA PE with my DL number inserted. On a codeshare no longer offered. Just imagine all the fun I'm going to have trying to get credits on this! Let alone premium seats. Let alone any seats at all.
Now that you got me thinking about this, maybe ditch the whole itin and shop for a more solid LA booking. Thanks again!
If it's coded as AS, you won't earn anything with DL. LA metal only earns if LA or DL marketed.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was able to get SCL-IPC in business class as part of an award and now am looking for IPC-SCL to get back ashore. That segment isnt really a bad deal with $$ but thought I would like to shop with miles. Is this segment available with Delta SMs? If I search for it I get an error so not sure it is no availability on those dates or that segment is never available, any insight? It's 35k in biz with AS MP miles, which is not a great ROI for a 4.5 hour flight, and AS doesnt even show any economy awards so that is not an option.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:23 am

If it's coded as AS, you won't earn anything with DL. LA metal only earns if LA or DL marketed.
No, it's LA coded, and I was wrong about the itin -- it's still offered at LA but not showing up on Matrix. AS probably won't honor the premium seating but if I switch to all DL/LA metal, I may get a biz class seat to BOG. It may show up in my DL record, and I may get the MQD bump more easily. Wouldn't count on much with AS. Better get on it! This partnership stuff is weird weird weird. Thanks again!
(Later) OK, it was just easier to do the whole thing on DL -- got FC Z for a little bit more.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:24 am

How long does it normally take for LATAM Ecuador to post to SkyMiles these days? LA coded
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:31 am

Can Delta plats take carryons on board on basic fares?
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta - DM 2Mil - AA EP 1 Mil - UA 1k - Marriott and Hyatt - Lifetime T. Elite and Globalist
LATAM Observations --- I have taken around 8 flights.....

Baggage -- LATAM Airport agents have charged and not charged for bags. They don't care if you are DL DM or if you bring up the computer documentation. You are more inclined to give you a pass if you smile and act sorry.

Reservations - The $200 change fees on some tickets that are not mentioned are a big issue. Fare rules do not show $200 and DL says risk free, etc. , yet they have charged $200 per ticket.

Fares - Way more expensive than AA to Brazil and Colombia
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
How long does it normally take for LATAM Ecuador to post to SkyMiles these days? LA coded
did fly from gru to cun on 25th march premium economy
boarding pass printed, show my dl number and two rows upper there is DLD
so i think my skymiles number was correctly entered
until now not posted in my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.