Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hhdl
Especially since SkyBonus disappears in a couple of weeks.
Well the name changes.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by gerardfarrell
I get that, but why wouldn't they want to? They're happy to try and sell me a vacation, hotel or car, but not a flight on a partner airline for a route they don't serve? Surely their aim should be to have me go to delta.com for all my travel needs? Now all they've done is encouraged me to put my busines over to Latam directly, at a time when Skymiles changes are making people question their loyalty and look at other options.
What route were you attempting to purchase through DL but on LA metal?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Well the name changes.
And the redemption model changed somewhat, with a transfer to personal miles possibly being the more valuable redemption path than eCredits.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hhdl
And the redemption model changed somewhat, with a transfer to personal miles possibly being the more valuable redemption path than eCredits.
True but there's still a program, it doesn't disappear. As far as partners that qualify I don't believe anything changes there.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
What route were you attempting to purchase through DL but on LA metal?
LIM-LHR
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:18 pm

Personally, booking through LATAMs Chile website I have found extraordinary value when crediting to DL. I’m sure all of you already know this; but for any who may not already- booking on LATAMs US website is literally insane. Both for overall cost and especially if looking to credit to Delta. Book on the Chile website
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

LIM-LHR
outside scope of JV agreement. Also LHR is within the JV of DL/VS/AF/KL so it would be lokely that DL wouldn't want to sell this.

Rememberjust because theyvare partners NA/SA doesn'tmean they aren't required too "compete" otherwise.

Originally Posted by KRUXED
Personally, booking through LATAMs Chile website I have found extraordinary value when crediting to DL. I’m sure all of you already know this; but for any who may not already- booking on LATAMs US website is literally insane. Both for overall cost and especially if looking to credit to Delta. Book on the Chile website
All is great till something requires rebooking/reticketing. Then you realize what those savings cost you.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
LIM-LHR
outside scope of JV agreement. Also LHR is within the JV of DL/VS/AF/KL so it would be lokely that DL wouldn't want to sell this.
This is exactly what I was suspecting when I asked the original question. DL won't sell us a ticket AMS/CDG/LHR to DEL, but they will sell us a ticket fully on AF/KL/VS USA to India as India is included in the TATL JV. I can't think of a single instance when an airline will sell a revenue ticket on another airline on a route where the ticketing airline has no skin in the game. IE, there's no JV in place to split/share revenue/costs.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
I've been unable to get Delta to credit a BOS-GRU leg of a BOS-GRU-VIX round trip flight that I took in September. It was booked through LATAM. I've submitted the form to request missing miles twice. The ticket number, which I assume is the "order number", on a LATAM reservation, does not fit the format of what is expected on the mileage credit request, so I had to fudge some extra numbers in it and explain in the comments. What's the best way to proceed?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOS1971
I've been unable to get Delta to credit a BOS-GRU leg of a BOS-GRU-VIX round trip flight that I took in September. It was booked through LATAM. I've submitted the form to request missing miles twice. The ticket number, which I assume is the "order number", on a LATAM reservation, does not fit the format of what is expected on the mileage credit request, so I had to fudge some extra numbers in it and explain in the comments. What's the best way to proceed?
The ticket number starts with 045 and is a long number (all digits). The "Order Number is an internal LATAM number. I'd send a message to LA asking what my ticket number was (if you don't have it in a reservation confirmation stored somewhere), and they'll be able to find it with your "Order Number."
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I dont think their order number has any relation to the ticket number..... the ticket number should start with 045
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by BOS1971
this is why when flying on a partner airline it is very important to get PAPER tickets and keep them (and take photos of them).

Not sure, but maybe you can call Latam with your order number and get your ticket numbers?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by KRUXED
this is why when flying on a partner airline it is very important to get PAPER tickets and keep them (and take photos of them).

Not sure, but maybe you can call Latam with your order number and get your ticket numbers?
Thank you. I did dig deeper and found a link to "download the voucher" in the original email that came to me immediately after booking. That contained the 13 digit number.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

FWIW, BOS-GRU is the flight I have most issue crediting. No issues on return, just outbound.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:38 pm

FWIW, BOS-GRU is the flight I have most issue crediting. No issues on return, just outbound.
Interesting. So, what do you end up doing to get it credited?..so far, I have only attempted to use the web form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.