Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Elitist and entitled or reasonable? What say you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elitist and entitled or reasonable? What say you?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by fotographer
the most AA ever gave me for a flight delays of 12 years was 10K
Your flight was delayed for 12 years?! Did they make a movie out of it
MSPeconomist and Dave737 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by loratliff
Yep, sorry, you’re correct — my experiences with EU261 have been with Air France.
I wonder how code shares are handled? My assumption is they would not be covered going (say DL CS on a KLM/AF flight).
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by jlc1978
I wonder how code shares are handled? My assumption is they would not be covered going (say DL CS on a KLM/AF flight).
For EC261, all that matters is the airline that actually operates the flight.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
oops.... sorry , 12 hours but of course you knew that....
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Isn't sky miles the FFP that wants like 300,000 miles to fly from dfw-atl making 60K miles pretty much worthless?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by enviroian
Isn't sky miles the FFP that wants like 300,000 miles to fly from dfw-atl making 60K miles pretty much worthless?
Pay with miles means that approximately one cent per mile is guaranteed on any DL flight for which DL is selling tickets. However, I can do better and my most recent redemption used 90,000 RDMs to upgrade and save about at least $4,000. Not bad.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by enviroian
If you want to value something according to the worst value you can get for it, then the $US is just as bad because one could elect to buy the SMs. (or a $1000 paper mache pink flamingo) And I think by the transitive property of worthless, that makes every currency in the world worthless.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by defrosted
Elitist and reasonable.

It seems like reasonable compensation, however it is kind of like getting $6,000 in merchandise credit at the Mercedes dealership because your brand new Mercedes wouldn't start.
Not that I would be happy if my brand new Mercedes wouldn't start but I imagine the dealership would likely just fix the car and offer a loaner in the interim. You would likely need to go through several breakdowns, or failure to fix the car so that it would start, before they would do more than that.
Dave737 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A great thread for the DL marketing people to see why people who complain that SM are devalued, just don't understand.

It costs DL nothing to issue SM. It does not fly more aircraft or make more seats available. It is just more miles chasing the same inventory. When the volume gets too large, it directly or dynamically increases prices so that the inventory and miles required to purchase that inventory remains relatively constant.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Given that you had same-day travel in your paid class of service, 60k should cut it. The only time I've ever gotten CLOSE involved an IT mess on top of a weather meltdown AND inattentive staff, and that was strictly DL covering me patching together alternative arrangements.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

<<<<< OP Here.

Final resolution I think?

I called the DM line to ask about ticket #'s as I was trying to put in the a claim for missing points for this and two other flights that had not credited. I figured I might as well claim this one too even though it was just a few days after the Virgin flight. I needed the flight number because I honestly lost track and had no record after so many changes.

The DM rep gave me all the info I needed to claim on line through normal procedures and then asked what happened. I told her the story without embellishment and she offered an additional 20K points on the spot. No prompting from me, I was just answering her questions.

All in all I think Delta made quite a few mistakes in operations along the way, and Delta Service folks from the DM line to the WeCare line did more than enough to make up for the delay. I'm actually quite impressed with the level of customer service after the fact.

Two 4+ hour tarmac delays in the span of 8 days, ~2 days without bags, and one day lost to travel. The compensation was 600 Euro ($659), full reimbursement for food and lodging, and a total of 80K points. Not sure what else they could do here.

<<<<<Fully compensated 1st world problem haver.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
drolen

That's one thing I will always praise Delta for: Stuff goes wrong on the ground. C'est la vie. They have always recovered well.
rickg523 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
drolen

That's one thing I will always praise Delta for: Stuff goes wrong on the ground. C'est la vie. They have always recovered well.
This.
Mistakes and problems happen to all carriers.
The difference is always how they recover.
Always.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
4 hours taxiing to TXL? did you land at AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.