FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elitist and entitled or reasonable? What say you?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:36 pm
drolen

<<<<< OP Here.

Final resolution I think?

I called the DM line to ask about ticket #'s as I was trying to put in the a claim for missing points for this and two other flights that had not credited. I figured I might as well claim this one too even though it was just a few days after the Virgin flight. I needed the flight number because I honestly lost track and had no record after so many changes.

The DM rep gave me all the info I needed to claim on line through normal procedures and then asked what happened. I told her the story without embellishment and she offered an additional 20K points on the spot. No prompting from me, I was just answering her questions.

All in all I think Delta made quite a few mistakes in operations along the way, and Delta Service folks from the DM line to the WeCare line did more than enough to make up for the delay. I'm actually quite impressed with the level of customer service after the fact.

Two 4+ hour tarmac delays in the span of 8 days, ~2 days without bags, and one day lost to travel. The compensation was 600 Euro ($659), full reimbursement for food and lodging, and a total of 80K points. Not sure what else they could do here.

<<<<<Fully compensated 1st world problem haver.