Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hjz131
Another data point for the MQM/RDM/MQD posting. I booked a round trip SAN-SEA-PVG-LAX-SAN with 35k miles, booking fare is V on the DLV receipt, but miles posted as exception fare. Eventually, I received 14707 RDM from this trip -- great deal! Another nice addition, SEA-PVG oversold in Y so I got an OPUP .
Awesome earn rate! Were you OPUPed to PS or Delta One?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Out of curiosity, what was your trip and did it involve partner metal? (You can be totally vague if you want.) Did you get credited the full amount of MQM, MQDs, and RDMs? Or were they credited according to “exception fare” chart?
We flex DL-DL-KE and then KE-DL-DL.

I got credited the normal amount I would have expected, i.e. 100% of distance flown for MQMs, MQDs based upon what I assume is the price of the ticket (hard to know how much of it was hotel vs. airfare since it's a vacation package) and RDMs a multiple of the MQDs. Screenshot below:

Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Just finished our Delta Vacations trip that we booked as part of this deal. All Delta MQMs, MDQs and RDMs posted as expected.

Should I expect to see RDMs for the hotel portion as well? I thought I read somewhere that you can earn SkyMiles on the full booking $ amount, not just the flights.

Thanks!
Maybe you're thinking of the bonus miles, which vary depending on the hotel?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...arn-miles.html
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM/MM

I got credited the normal amount I would have expected, i.e. 100% of distance flown for MQMs, MQDs based upon what I assume is the price of the ticket (hard to know how much of it was hotel vs. airfare since it's a vacation package) and RDMs a multiple of the MQDs. Screenshot below:

Were your ICN-KIX flights KE coded or DL coded?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Awesome earn rate! Were you OPUPed to PS or Delta One?
It was to D1.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by hjz131
Another data point for the MQM/RDM/MQD posting. I booked a round trip SAN-SEA-PVG-LAX-SAN with 35k miles, booking fare is V on the DLV receipt, but miles posted as exception fare. Eventually, I received 14707 RDM from this trip -- great deal! Another nice addition, SEA-PVG oversold in Y so I got an OPUP .
Another data point, mine posted half trip as regular fare and half as exception fare so not all packages use exception fare only - looking the ticket in detail it seems that they booked "3 trips" with one-way plus 2 segments as a multi-city itinerary. Used one RUC successfully to D1 on the longest flight. Second RUC never cleared (flights were basically sold out).
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards

Note that MQD earn was exactly 1/5 of the base miles (and that your diamond bonuses were always 120% of the base miles). This corresponds exactly to $1 MQD => 5 RDM + 6 RDM DM bonus. Correspondingly, for CHS-DTW, DTW-ICN, ICN-KIX, and ICN-ATL, the base miles are exactly (modulo rounding) 50% of the MQM/distance; for KIX-ICN, base miles are 25% of MQM/distance (presumably a different class, without checking the earn chart) and for ATL-CHS, the 500-mile minimum applied and base miles were 50% of the actual MQM/distance.

TL;DR: the MQM was earned on distance with no intrinsic relationship to the hidden price of the tickets.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Were your ICN-KIX flights KE coded or DL coded?
Although redacted on the screenshot, the outbound ICN-KIX says Delta Diamond medallion bonus and the return KIX-ICN says KE Diamond Medallion Bonus. I'd suspect outbound was DL coded and return KE coded, that would also account for the difference in earnings, as the DL coded earned per DL exception fares, and the KE coded earned at the published parent rates of 25% Base Miles and 5% MQD, which is either T or N fare class.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:23 pm

I booked a Flight/Hotel deal without purchasing insurance. Anyone know if I would be able to make changes to my return day or change it into a multi-city trip? Thanks and sorry if this is off-topic.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fishfly
I booked a Flight/Hotel deal without purchasing insurance. Anyone know if I would be able to make changes to my return day or change it into a multi-city trip? Thanks and sorry if this is off-topic.
No one knows what fare you booked into, as there are multiple fares available through Delta Vacations. Your best bet is to call and ask; you'd have to do that regardless.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:10 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by fishfly
The flight is some sort of standard ticket with the rules you’d expect for flights priced similarly to what you bought. So if it’s a coach ticket it’s probably changeable with a fee. Some hotels booked through DV are nonrefundable; others not. Best to call and ask.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:31 am

Just got back from my trip which was booked on Delta's 2 cpm promotion. What a deal and what a time we had. Was able to swing 2 round trip tickets in main cabin + 3 nights at St. Regis Bahia Beach in Puerto Rico for 145k miles. At the time when I booked the cash value for this was over $4k. The package also included free breakfast and waived the resort fees ($80 a day) plus the hotel upgraded us to a suite. All MQMs/RDMs/MQDs posted as part of the exception fare process. Wouldn't hesitate to use Delta Vacations again!
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:01 pm

For people who have stayed at one of the major hotel companies using Delta Vacations (Marriott, Hilton, IHG), did you end up getting the night credits to count toward status?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
For people who have stayed at one of the major hotel companies using Delta Vacations (Marriott, Hilton, IHG), did you end up getting the night credits to count toward status?
I can confirm that's a "no" with Hilton, having used them twice through DV and their T&Cs indicate the same.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
At the Hilton Copacabana, I did not (nor did I expect to), though I did get my elite benefits.
bonoman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.